PDA

View Full Version : Here is a sense of humor!

Ken Pachkowsky
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I hope Titanium Dome does not mind me posting this. This was too funny not to pass along. This made my day.

Re the post I made yesterday about the heat, I discovered Titanium Dome was close by and invited him over for a visit and listen to my system. This is his reply and I know we can all relate and perhaps enjoy a brief walk down memory lane.

Quote "Will it ruin me for life as far as other speakers are concerned? Like Paula Woodburn did for all other women in high school?

If it's safe, yes, I'd like to do that." Un-Quote

Needless to say it got me thinking of some great memories.

Hope you all get a chuckle as well.

Ken

speakerdave
07-14-2005, 02:06 PM
It is a real danger. Reminds me of that line from the Beatles, "Girl," "She's the kind of girl you want so much it makes you sorry, but you don't regret a single day."

I've recently had one of these "threshold experiences" in audio, and I'm going to have to liquidate most of the other gear I have to get back to it . . . but I'm going to do it. There is no other way. (Except for going minimalist again, which I could do, but I have not quite gotten to that point yet.)

David

mikebake
07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I've recently had one of these "threshold experiences" in audio, and I'm going to have to liquidate most of the other gear I have to get back to it . . . but I'm going to do it. There is no other way.

David
Pray do tell.

Zilch
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Did said "threshold experience" occur at Widget Works? ;)

speakerdave
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
TAD 4003 on a TH4003 horn over JBL 1500AL, M.O.R. electronics. My woofers are going to be two pair of 1400nd, and if I can't come up with the JBL middle for the M9500 it's going to be as above.

David

sonofagun
07-17-2005, 03:41 AM
"Will it ruin me for life as far as other speakers are concerned? Like Paula Woodburn did for all other women in high school?

:useless:

Preferably naked (but if not, show us what you got).

Hell, she couldinta been prettier than the wiseman girls!

Titanium Dome
07-17-2005, 11:30 AM
"Will it ruin me for life as far as other speakers are concerned? Like Paula Woodburn did for all other women in high school?

:useless:

Preferably naked (but if not, show us what you got).

Hell, she couldinta been prettier than the wiseman girls!

Well, it was partly how well-developed she was, and partly how how pretty she was, and partly how stimulating her personality was, but MOSTLY it was just what she did and how well she did it.

:smsex:

Ken Pachkowsky
07-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I can relate..

Ken