PDA

View Full Version : Harman Kardon HK870 Wonder

Guido
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
This is unbelievable! I can't believe this!

I own 2 Harman Kardon HK870 Amps. Most of you will know them. In an old HIFI Mag I read that they can be driven in "Quasi Mono" Operation. Just close one chinch input with a short circuit chinch connector (often used to close unused inputs) and connect the spaeker between +(red) left and +(red) right. The article promised a dramatically improved sound......
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
If you have HK870 Amps try it! If your friends have HK870 Amps get them and try it. It is f#*&ing :hyp: :hyp: :hyp: unbelievable.

bootla00
01-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Hello, I have not been able to find this item. Could I just cut a end off of an rca cable and short the ground to the center conductor. I tried this without anything in the other channel and don't notice any difference. Thanks for you help if possible, I have two of the HK-870 amps. Layne

Titanium Dome
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Guido

A picture or two would really help.

TD

Guido
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Just take an RCA plug and connect ground and signal pin.

Guido
01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Hello, I have not been able to find this item. Could I just cut a end off of an rca cable and short the ground to the center conductor.

Not perfect but ok

I tried this without anything in the other channel and don't notice any difference. Thanks for you help if possible, I have two of the HK-870 amps. Layne

Follow my description exactly and you'll hear a difference

gbobov
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi everybody!
I'm a new member, just made the registration. I'am an owner of Harman/Kardon A 402. The ampliphier acording to the technical specifications is 2x40 W (8Om). I'v got JBL Studio L 880 as a loudspeaker sistem. Now I found HK PA 870 and it will be the perfect way to complete the system. Here is the link with picture of those amp (I haven't still bought it). The owner tried to convinsed me that the capacitors have "caps" and they are smashed, not the capacitors themeself. What do you think?.
http://www.ljclub.net/home-audio/amps/Herman%20Kardon%20HK%20870/amp.htm

Thank you in advansed,

Georgi

opimax
02-25-2009, 11:15 AM
I am no way one the experts here but I wouldn't want that for free unless I could fix it myself if there was a problem and I would be worried what it could do to my speakers!!:blink:

Mark