PDA

View Full Version : DX-1 status

4313B
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
JBL has spent the last week trying to find the 185 DX-1 units shown in inventory. Just this morning I received word that they were indeed all destroyed in Singapore. JBL extends an apology to those who were looking forward to receiving one. Refunds will go out in approximately one week.

mikebake
05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
:(

Destroyed? What a waste. Thanks for trying for us. It was a good effort on your part. Man, what a waste. Wonder what the thinking there was.

speakerdave
05-26-2005, 05:00 PM
ARGH!!! ARGH!!!!

4313B
05-27-2005, 03:03 PM
:(

Destroyed? What a waste. Thanks for trying for us. It was a good effort on your part. Man, what a waste. Wonder what the thinking there was.This went all the way to the top at JBL. Northridge is just as perplexed. I've put a TON of hours into cards and schematics... a Senior Engineer put in a few days worth of effort as well...

Who'd a thunk it?

Titanium Dome
05-27-2005, 03:19 PM
It's a shame, but not at all unusual. Large, multinational corporations often have snafus like this, even governments.

This is sometimes offset by something wonderful and unexpected suddenly turning up to everyone's amazement.

On a very small scale, for my nonprofit's 20th anniversary we hoped to assemble a complete collection of artifacts from the past, but could not find a single original lapel pin with the original logo. After we abandoned all hope, a former employee from 15 years ago walked in one day holding a box: "I was cleaning my garage and was going to throw this stuff out, but thought you might want it."

Among all the useless junk was a plastic bag with 20 of the original pins.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

-Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733

Disappointments do come, but many happy discoveries still await us. :yes:

Guido
05-28-2005, 03:17 AM
:shock: :banghead: :die: :spchless:

In this sequence!

mikebake
05-28-2005, 06:20 AM
It's a shame, but not at all unusual. Large, multinational corporations often have snafus like this, even governments.

Revision;

It's a shame, but not at all unusual. Large, multinational corporations often have snafus like this, but nothing on the scale or scope of governments.

Titanium Dome
05-28-2005, 08:35 AM
nothing on the scale or scope of governments.

But I was trying to be nice in case the FBI's crawler software came through the forum.