PDA

View Full Version : Domodedovo in-seat luxury

boputnam
05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Not meaning in any way to make fun of the Russians - even they find this hilarious - but you gotta see this.

This is a pic of the Business Class seat video screen on an IL-62M (http://www.russians.bird.ch/Il62/IL62P01.html).

Apparently, Domodedovo contracted for a supplier to provide high-quality screens, but there ended being some dispute on cost / service / quality, which went unresolved. Ultimately, the contractor merely yanked all the screens - and the frames sit empty - game ended. The frames, btw, are like 10-gauge steel. The picture does not do this justice.

Otherwise, flying a Domodedovo IL-62M and waking from a nap is like you have re-entered the 1960's - not only in aircraft interior styling, but in crew uniforms, too. Boy-howdy, the cold war did them no good whatsoever... :(

Guido
05-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Bo, this is an Ilyushin plane, not a domodedovo plane. Domodedovo is one of the moscow airports.
I think you mean the domodedovo airline.

Well this pic shows very well the typical situation in russia. Maybe the managers of domodedovo airline wanted to much "private money" from the screen supplier. That would be typical.
What always makes me wonder is that the russian businessmen sit in this shitty planes. they are all age old. And they look age old from out and inside. Russia could be insane rich but the money is in too few pockets. The men with the money fly private jets anyway.

BTW the planes from american airlines are age old too but at least they look new (mostly):D

boputnam
05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Yup, that's right Guido - an IL-62M. They look and are mighty old, but they fly without delay. Domodedovo uses many of these for their long overland cross-country flights. The IL-62M was originally designed to fly non-stop Moscow - Havana.

Guido
05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Are you interested in planes too bo ?

boputnam
05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Hi, Guido...

Over the years, I have developed an unnatural fondness for Boeing tails on stand in foreign airports, on which I have a return ticket. There's no feeling quite like coming in from the field and heading home after a long period of cold showers and crummy food...

JBLnsince1959
05-19-2005, 08:14 AM
I hope I have this pilot tomorrow!
( make sure your speakers are on)

http://www.barry.fireflyinternet.co.uk/fun/files/pilot.htm

4313B
05-19-2005, 08:45 AM
:rotfl:

I prefer the Ruger .41 mag myself but they all get the point across I guess. :p

JBLnsince1959
05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
:rotfl:

I prefer the Ruger .41 mag myself but they all get the point across I guess. :p

yes, that's a nice one also.... :)

geez, what am I doing on this forum right now, I've got work to do..... :rotfl: :rotfl: