PDA

View Full Version : Think I did OK for the price and questions

Stonehenge Man
05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Picked up a pair of Fisher XP55B at the thrift store for $6.00 yesterday. They sounded impressive for what they are--large bookshelf speakers...anyway, I sure enjoy them and they are going to be used as rears in my computer/DVD video setup in the bedroom. I'm happy because they say "Long Island City, NY" not "Chatsworth, CA", and I believe that means they are either pre-Sanyo or very early into the merger, and I wanted pre-merger stuff if I could find it. It went unsold for about 3 weeks and DUH! I had forgotten and feared it gone. After starting at $16.00 it was down to only six, so I brought a receiver with me to test, and DUH! of course I had one with blown fuses, so it sat all Sunday until Monday afternoon, at which point I both greedily snatched them and lamented that I still had no money for a really nice AKAI cassette deck.

Question here is, do I have any surround issues to deal with on these speakers, and are they capable of handling the power I would probably be putting through them with a Sansui 5050, 7070 or Marantz 2238 (if I ever manage to save it)?

DMMD
05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Hell, $6 even makes for enough material for a good campfire....:blink: Cheaper than NPS prices.

What do you mean by surround issue?

Stonehenge Man
05-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Hell, $6 even makes for enough material for a good campfire....:blink: Cheaper than NPS prices.

What do you mean by surround issue?

Since you asked, I figure there must not be foam to worry about.

I got BIC Venturi Formula 2s for 4.50 if you count the Sansui 5050 as half of $9 in a package;)