PDA

View Full Version : Signal transmitter/receivers?

johnaec
05-14-2005, 10:42 AM
I live in a kind of valley and there are two or three FM radio stations that regular antennas in my house can't pick up well, (tons of static, regardless of antenna placement). Driving in other parts of town are fine, so I suspect putting a dedicated FM antenna in my attic might get me a usable signal. The problem is that I'd like to get this signal into at least 3 rooms in my house, and running antenna wires to all these rooms would be somewhat problematic.

What I'd like to do is either find a wireless unit that would take the signal from the antenna in the attic and send it to various receivers, or alternatively, run the antenna to my main receiver, then take an audio out and send it to other units, all via wireless. The advantage of the second method is that I could utilize the best FM receiver, plus any other sources from that unit.

I have a set of the little JBL WRK1000 wireless units and they work OK, but I really don't want to try cannibalizing them for their receivers. Does anyone know of any other transmitter/receiver units that might work well, and at standard audio signal levels, rather than speaker level? It'd also be nice if it were possible to buy just one transmitter and multiple receivers, instead of single transmitter/receiver sets. Since it's mainly the FM signal I'm interested in, and much of the material is simply voice, 15K HF end would probably be acceptable.

'Any recommendations?

Thanks - John

Stonehenge Man
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Do you have remants of an old cable tv setup wired into those rooms like I do? Use the coax with an amplifier and baluns to convert where necessary. I run all my sets audio and video in this manner. Of course, I have a tiny house, but it cost less than 100 dollars with a new RS antenna.

johnaec
05-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Do you have remants of an old cable tv setup wired into those rooms like I do?Actually, I might, now that you mention it. I currently have a dish for TV, but I recall seeing cable running into the crawl space - I'll have to check it out...

John