PDA

View Full Version : Frazier horn/driver ID help

louped garouv
03-28-2005, 07:33 AM
what can you all tell me about these????? I am interested in hearing all you can tell me.......

Thanks

louped garouv
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I may have stumped the masters..... :applaud:

or is it :banghead: because I can't seem to find any info elsewhere either!

anyhow, let me know if any of you all think of info related to these drivers/horns....

and as always, Thanks a bunch

louped garouv
03-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Atlas F333 drivers that are mentioned on the Frazier loudspeaker historical web page? I am at a loss (as usual)...... :blah:

Mr. Widget
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Looks like you will have to go to the Frazier Heritage website.:banghead:

Widget

louped garouv
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
or are you pulling my leg........ :blink:

I have been looking all over the web for two/three days now.... can't come up with squat!

Mr. Widget
03-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Sorry.....sometimes I am just full of... :bs:

Widget

louped garouv
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
just wondering if I had over looked the obvious......

here i am -- running to Google "frazier heritage" -- all I get is a bunch of boxing memorabilia.....

Don McRitchie
04-11-2005, 01:33 PM
According to Rich May (son of Ed May - the former partner of Jack Frazier), the main driver supplier to Frazier was Quam Nichols. They are still around and may be able to help you determine if the drivers in question are theirs.

http://www.quamspeakers.com/

louped garouv
04-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I am looking into it as we speak..... :applaud:

BTW -- I also like your new avatar.....:blink:

Tom Loizeaux
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
All I know about Frazier is that they were a company in Texas that made speaker systems that were often used in small theaters. I have one that uses a horn similar to the one in your photo. My feeling is that they were a "low end" Altec. They sounded OK but couldn't match Altecs big, efficient sound.
I think if you look at the parts and build quality, you'll see that they are utilitarian and somewhat minimalistic in terms of engineering and materials.
I don't mean to berate them, I just don't think they are in a class with Altec...let alone JBL!

Tom