PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Gallery

Don McRitchie
02-25-2005, 08:14 AM
As you have likely seen by now, a new feature has been added to our forum - a Photo Gallery. If you haven't found it, it is located here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/photopost

It is linked to our forum so that everyone that is registered here has an account into which they can add their own photos. As can be seen, I have created a number of photo catagories broken down by manufacturer and product type. I thought it would be an interesting goal to develop a photo database of every Lansing product made. These photos do not have to be of your own gear. However, I do want to respect copyrights. Therefore, please ensure that you have copyright permission for any photos that are not you own.

The top level gallery is a section for member systems. Feel free to share photos and descriptions of your Lansing based systems. Any background on how long you've had your system or how you aquired it will be of interest to many. You should also feel free to comment on the setup of the new gallery and suggest any changes you would like to see implemented.

Hofmannhp
02-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi Don,

a great idea :applaud:

what are the limitations for the pic size? is there a prefered standard?

HP

Wardsweb
02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Fantastic new feature ! I'm in. :applaud:

Hofmannhp
02-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Don,

there seems to be no kind of edit function , when posted some descriptions to the pics? right?

HP

mikebake
02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm a bit confused, Don. (nothing new there is there)

I have various stock photos of JBL speakers on the old hard drive, as do I suspect many. Do you want those, so we have one of every model? What about the library images?
MBB

OFD
02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Don,

What a fantastic idea! You can't imagine the number of times I read a post about a speaker, or from a knowledgeable forum member, and wonder out loud; "what the hell can this or that thing look like"? Now, I am starting to know.

You da man! Thanks. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Don McRitchie
02-27-2005, 05:36 PM
To answer a few questions raised above:

First, the only image limitation I have set is that the images be no more than 800 pixels wide. There is no height restriction. This is to keep file sizes reasonable and to ensure that most images will display in their entirety without scrolling. Images larger than this will be accepted for upload. However, the application automatically resizes them to the specified width.

To Mikebake, this photo gallery is intended to augment the illustrations in our library. Virtually all of the literature that is pre 1970 is black and white, and in some cases, drawn illustrations rather than photos. Actual color photos will add a lot of detail that is missing in the library illustrations. Even for the later post 1970 literature, very few of the illustrations will match the resolution available from a modern digital photo. I think having multiple photos of different products at different angles will add significant detail that cannot be found in the standard promo shots.

Regarding the ability to edit posts once they are uploaded, this restriction was a default that has subsequently been changed. Editing after the fact is now allowed.

Feel free to post more questions here as they arise. As a word of warning, I am about to go out of town for a few days and won't be able to respond until I return.

Hofmannhp
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Feel free to post more questions here as they arise. ...

Hi Don,

only a small problem.....when surfing through the picture galerie I sometimes searched for the way back to the forum.
Then I found that only the small icon in front of the text "Lansing Heritage Forums" is active.
The forum sites show the underlined active text.

HP

SUPERBEE
03-26-2005, 09:03 AM
How does one submit photos for this gallery? I cant seem to find WHERE to post my pics for this.

Dougie
03-26-2005, 02:50 PM
How does one submit photos for this gallery? I cant seem to find WHERE to post my pics for this.

When you go to photo gallery and also on each catagory you will find at the top right hand side, it says " upload photos ". Although I haven't posted photos there myself, that must be it.

http://www.audioheritage.org/photopost/

Doug

glen
05-22-2005, 01:39 PM
I accidentally posted some photos to the wrong gallery.
How can I delete them?
I do not see any edit/delete options.

Don McRitchie
05-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Try it now. I changed the forum permissions so that you should be able to move and edit your entries. BTW, I received the Locanthi information you sent. Thanks for sending this on. I need to discuss with you the current state of a Locanthi article I already have under development and where your information would fit. Unfortunately, I can't do this until I return from the States in a couple of weeks.

glen
05-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I need to discuss with you the current state of a Locanthi article I already have under development and where your information would fit.

Everything I had on Locanthi was "borrowed" from this site, or his son's site. I didn't know you already had something in the works and thought I might be able to help get the ball rolling. Seems like I'm a day late and a dollar short in Lansing Land lately.

Hope you have a great visit in the States!

glen
05-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm a bit confused, Don. (nothing new there is there)

I have various stock photos of JBL speakers on the old hard drive, as do I suspect many. Do you want those, so we have one of every model? What about the library images?
MBB

I personally would like it if the Gallery would first be populated photos of member's own speakers first. If someone has a system you are curious about you could post a comment or question that the owner would more likely be able to answer, add info or post detail pictures.

Unless they are rare birds, I'd save the stock photos until after the galleries have fleshed out a bit.

I don't know if the photo site will support it, but it would also be nice if there was a folder for each model.