PDA

View Full Version : Yo Don!

4313B
02-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Don, look at what he has at the bottom of his list. :p

http://members.verizon.net/mpioso/alljbllist.txt

Don McRitchie
02-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, at least he's not trying to sell my work. Giskard and Steve Schell are likely the only two that know of our history with JBLer, so here is some background for everyone else.

Around the same time that we started working on Lansing Heritage in late 1999/early 2000, JBLer began showing up as a regular seller on Ebay. He had a small collection of JBL spec sheets and catalogs for which he was selling photocopies. He had previously obtained copyright permission from Harman International to sell these copies. Shortly after we opened our site, he printed out copies of all of the scanned literature on our site and began selling these on Ebay. We asked him to stop, and for a while he did. However, a few months later he was back at it. We asked Harman to intercede, but understandably, they didn't want to get into the middle of a dispute. Since then, we've pretty much just tried to ignore him.

The link that Giskard supplied is the listing of all of the documents JBLer claims to own and is usually appended to his Ebay auctions. The vast majority of these documents are just downloaded copies of the data in our library. However, I see that he has subsequently expanded to rip off material directly from this forum as well.

Oldmics
02-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I emailed JBLer a while back since he is in close proximity to me with an invite to checkout my collection and see if he had any documents to trade.

He did reply but only as a sales jester.

Guess some people only are interested in money.

Oldmics

paragon
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Itīs a shame !! (Talk Talk).

Eckhard