PDA

View Full Version : L100 Raffle/Project May Plaque

Don McRitchie
02-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Our L100 raffle winner, Andresohc contacted me to see if it was possible to get everyone involved in the restoration to sign something that he could attach to the speakers. I think this is a great idea and would like to take it a step further. I was thinking of brass plaques that could be attached to the backs of the speakers. I'm assuming that if we can come up with some type of artwork that a trophy company or some other vendor could etch a brass plate from an electronic file containing the artwork. I need input on a couple of issues to make this happen. First, has anyone ever done this before that can recommend a vendor and describe the process? Second, does anyone want to try and come up with the artwork? I do want to include Andresohc's request to have the signatures of the participants involved. I would guess that the simplest thing to do would be to have everyone scan their signatures and send them electronically to whomever does the artwork. At a minumum, that artwork should include our Lansing Heritage logo.

The reason that Project May is in the subject line is that I would like to do the same thing with that project at the end of the day. Any volunteers?

Mr. Widget
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Excellent idea.

Most all engravers now take digital files and can do a competent job of this. The art will be in the layout. I think scanned signatures placed onto a design with the Lansing Heritage logo and a few words sounds perfect.

Widget