PDA

View Full Version : Integra DTR 30.1 Flakey HDMI Out

Val
12-16-2023, 04:29 PM
Back in 2009 I bought the DTR 30.1 as it had analog pre-amp outputs needed for my tri-amping project. It has served well over the years but has developed an intermittent issue that is driving me crazy. Occasionally, upon start up, there is no HDMI output. If I wait long enough, up to 20 minutes, it will finally deliver HDMI out to my TV. It always comes around, as long as you wait long enough. I've tried different HDMI cables and monitors and the problem persists so it seems like it is the receiver. I've also factory reset it but it is still occurring. Any other suggestions?I'm starting to think about replacing it. Any suggestions? I'm trying to stay under a grand.Thanks!

martin2395
12-18-2023, 02:49 AM
Aren't the Onkyo's known for dying HDMI boards? Not sure if this model is affected as well.

Val
12-19-2023, 10:00 AM
Aren't the Onkyo's known for dying HDMI boards? Not sure if this model is affected as well.I do remember reading something about that :-(

Mr. Widget
12-19-2023, 10:16 AM
Aren't the Onkyo's known for dying HDMI boards? Not sure if this model is affected as well.Yes, there was an earlier series, before Val's DTR 30.1 where Integra/Onkyo had 100% failure of their HDMI boards. It was nightmare.

I imagine this DTR 30.1 has simply experienced a component failure and could be repaired, but other than trying to keep it out of the landfill, it will be hard to make the economic case for that.

FWIW: As a company we have moved away from Integra and have been installing Yamahas for the last 6-7 years and have had very high reliability.

Widget

Val
12-19-2023, 10:48 AM
Yes, there was an earlier series, before Val's DTR 30.1 where Integra/Onkyo had 100% failure of their HDMI boards. It was nightmare.I imagine this DTR 30.1 has simply experienced a component failure and could be repaired, but other than trying to keep it out of the landfill, it will be hard to make the economic case for that.FWIW: As a company we have moved away from Integra and have been installing Yamahas for the last 6-7 years and have had very high reliability.Widget Thanks Widget. It's super intermittent and seems to be doing better since the factory reset with only one delayed HDMI out event since then (took about 10 minutes). The family loves that. Good to know on the Yamahas as I'm starting to look around. I will probably want the lowest model that has pre-out to my MiniDSP.