PDA

View Full Version : JBL Olympus C50 S8R Restoration - Replacing the Lansaloy on the LE15A

erniespkrhead
12-29-2022, 09:09 PM
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I recently acquired a pair of the aforementioned speakers and I plan on restoring them to their former glory. The first order of business will be determining what to do with the surrounds. I have ruled out brake fluid and reconing and will opt for finding suitable replacement suspensions. I would like to ask you folks what would be the absolute best suspension to use in this scenario.
Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, recommendations and advice.

Kindly,
Ernie

BMWCCA
12-30-2022, 05:50 AM
Ernie (my Dad's name),

Welcome. You are one lucky guy having Upland Loudspeaker Service in your back yard. Ken is a member here and will be able to do the right repair for you. http://www.repairspeakers.com/

erniespkrhead
12-30-2022, 09:53 AM
Ernie (my Dad's name), Welcome. You are one lucky guy having Upland Loudspeaker Service in your back yard. Ken is a member here and will be able to do the right repair for you. http://www.repairspeakers.com/Thank you much. As a matter of fact I spoke with Ken recently about the LE15A’s and he was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to.

Mr. Widget
12-30-2022, 03:18 PM
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I recently acquired a pair of the aforementioned speakers and I plan on restoring them to their former glory. The first order of business will be determining what to do with the surrounds. I have ruled out brake fluid and reconing and will opt for finding suitable replacement suspensions. I would like to ask you folks what would be the absolute best suspension to use in this scenario.
Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, recommendations and advice.

Kindly,
ErnieWelcome to the forum.
Congratulations on some very cool speakers!

What condition are your grilles in?

Widget

erniespkrhead
12-30-2022, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.Congratulations on some very cool speakers!What condition are your grilles in?WidgetThank you very much. I’m really looking forward to getting them up to snuff. As far as the grills go they are actually in pretty good shape, save for about 5 or so little chips here and there. Badges are there on both too.