PDA

View Full Version : cable for network

imai
01-27-2022, 05:03 AM
hello i managed to find some original crossovers for my 4312jbl
unfortunately it has very short cables,
does anyone know where I can buy original white / black white green / black cables

RMC
01-28-2022, 02:45 AM
imai,

Since nobody replied yet it doesn't look good for the wires you're looking for.

If i understand correctly what you're looking for is a bunch of color coded wires in order to extend those on the crossover you have. I guess something similar to those on pic.

RMC
01-28-2022, 02:46 AM
In case you can't find the wires there's an easy work around. Simply purchase white jacket wire of proper type and AWG, then for each wire extention you make you indicate its true color in terms of use. For example, on pic the white wire is effectively used as a red wire so i put a piece of red electrical tape near the end (close to where the connection will be made) indicating actual use. And do accordingly for the other wire colors.

RMC
01-28-2022, 02:50 AM
I have electrical tapes in six colors (black, white, yellow, blue, green, red) making true wiring color coding easier. If you don't have this its not a problem, simply put a small white sticker near the wire end and indicate on it with a pen the wire's actual use, e.g. B for black, Y for yellow, BL for blue, etc. Another way for color coding could be a dot system (.) with a Sharpie marker, where one dot on the wire means its used as black, two dots means red, three dots actual yellow, etc. but then you need to write down the latter coding so you don't forget...

RMC
01-28-2022, 02:53 AM
As for the wire extention connections, keeping it simple, the use of sleeves looks better than twist connectors. However sleeves sometimes don't hold the wires as well as they should if not properly compressed with the crimping tool. Small twist type wire connectors usually give a pretty reliable connection but the job doesn't look as good.

Richard

Ruediger
01-28-2022, 02:55 AM
Get the wiring harness of a junk car. the old ones (before microprocessors) have plenty of wires.

Ruediger

RMC
01-28-2022, 03:13 AM
Get the wiring harness of a junk car.

Pretty good suggestion! Hopefully the wiring will still be in good condition...

imai
01-28-2022, 10:03 AM
Suggerimento abbastanza buono! Speriamo che il cablaggio sia ancora in buone condizioni...

Very thanks for help
ciao luigi