PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the name of the original artist of this album art

SpencerL
08-03-2021, 12:59 PM
I'm a woodworker. I'm looking to turn the cover of Altecs loudspeaker demonstration LP into a shadow box. Where would I find out whether or not it is okay to transform this work into something of my own? I can find almost zero info about the LP or the artist that did the cover. Any info is very much appreciated.

speakerdave
08-03-2021, 01:32 PM
Well, as it is said in art history, it certainly could be Rene Magritte studio. The title is Blank Signature. You just need to be able to borrow unabashedly.

BMWCCA
08-04-2021, 04:41 AM
You bought it, you can play it, display it, draw on it, sell it. Just don't duplicate it for sale. :dont-know:

speakerdave
08-04-2021, 06:19 AM
Have you tried over at the Altec user's forum? Todd White and co. might have the lore about that cover.

SpencerL
08-05-2021, 06:01 AM
You bought it, you can play it, display it, draw on it, sell it. Just don't duplicate it for sale. :dont-know:

Right, but what if i'm turning it into something like this, or using, say, the face for part of a design i'm doing. As I said, i'm not trying to steal anyones work, but if it's available i'd like to use it.