PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4429

Abolive
03-16-2021, 05:11 AM
Hello,
I would like to upgrade the internal wiring and driver connexions of my 4429, but accessing the HF and UHF drivers from the inside is difficult.
How would you do it? The sonoglass horns seem to be fastened from the inside and it a also looks tricky.
Thank you for your help!

Mr. Widget
03-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, I can't help you as I do not know how they are attached. I did climb into the back of a pair of DD66000s and from that I understand your problem, but short of sticking a mirror in there, I have no idea how you will get that done.

That said, other than bragging rights and making you feel better I am confident if you "upgrade" the internal wiring of one speaker and compare it to the original, you will not be able to reliably pick the "upgraded" speaker 100% of the time.

I'd put my effort in physical room correction (as opposed to DSP) or upgrading your sources or amplification.

Widget

Epplerd
03-17-2021, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, I can't help you as I do not know how they are attached. I did climb into the back of a pair of DD66000s and from that I understand your problem, but short of sticking a mirror in there, I have no idea how you will get that done.

That said, other than bragging rights and making you feel better I am confident if you "upgrade" the internal wiring of one speaker and compare it to the original, you will not be able to reliably pick the "upgraded" speaker 100% of the time.

I'd put my effort in physical room correction (as opposed to DSP) or upgrading your sources or amplification.

Widget
Widget is right. Don't be fooled by pervayers of snake oil.