PDA

View Full Version : How to remove risers on L65 Jubals?

ElDocHollywood
03-15-2021, 12:52 PM
Awesome forum, gang.
I have a pair of L65 Juballs and want to get them on some metal stands like the L100s have. I cannot seem to find how the risers are attached and do not want to run the speakers or the risers in removal. Any one know a DEFINITIVE answer on how remove the ~1.5" black risers on the bottom on the speakers?

Ed Kreamer
03-16-2021, 09:56 AM
Greetings and welcome,

Maybe instead of stands, you should use a plinth. That way you would not have to take a saw to a classic.

Ed

SEAWOLF97
03-16-2021, 10:15 AM
don't know how definitive my memory is, but .... I had the same issue abt 10 years ago, wanting to put them on stands.

remember flipping onto backs , the risers are only 3 sided and rather cheap looking.

they weren't glued on, just some fasteners ... screws, I think.

ElDocHollywood
03-21-2021, 05:28 PM
Greetings and welcome,

Maybe instead of stands, you should use a plinth. That way you would not have to take a saw to a classic.

Ed

Ed--I wouldn't take a saw to them. Just wondering if they are screwed on or brad nailed/glued from the inside? I felt around and couldn't find anything; I dont wanna gut the cabinets if someone else has a definitive "no, they are not screwed from the inside or fastened otherwise."

don't know how definitive my memory is, but .... I had the same issue abt 10 years ago, wanting to put them on stands.

remember flipping onto backs , the risers are only 3 sided and rather cheap looking.

they weren't glued on, just some fasteners ... screws, I think.

I don't see any screws in them. I want to be clear, I am not an idiot but if they are screwed, it is from the inside and I just want a definitive answer before I rip out the insulation. These are like time capsules and I don't wanna screw with them to no avail. Does that jog your memory any more? Thanks!

Forgive the typos; iDevice.

JeffW
03-21-2021, 06:29 PM
Screws from the inside was going to be my guess, but wasn't a definitive answer so I didn't weigh in. You should be able to probe around in there with a screwdriver or magnet and find the screw heads if that's how they are attached without having to remove the insulation.

Earl K
03-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Awesome forum, gang.
I have a pair of L65 Juballs and want to get them on some metal stands like the L100s have. I cannot seem to find how the risers are attached and do not want to run the speakers or the risers in removal. Any one know a DEFINITIVE answer on how remove the ~1.5" black risers on the bottom on the speakers?

Hi,

Here's an excellent thread ( to revive ) to ask your "a-fixin" question into ( it's located over at AudioKarma ).

JBL L-65 cab plans (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-l-65-cab-plans.727926/).

The boys in Alaska should be able to retrieve the definitive answers that you seek ( if they still have their cabinets ).

:)

PS; Interesting ( at least to me ) the crossover seems to be bolted in from the underside of the box ( IOW; the screw/bolt heads should be visible from the bottom side ).

ElDocHollywood
03-23-2021, 03:55 PM
Hi,

Here's an excellent thread ( to revive ) to ask your "a-fixin" question into ( it's located over at AudioKarma ).

JBL L-65 cab plans (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-l-65-cab-plans.727926/).

The boys in Alaska should be able to retrieve the definitive answers that you seek ( if they still have their cabinets ).

:)

PS; Interesting ( at least to me ) the crossover seems to be bolted in from the underside of the box ( IOW; the screw/bolt heads should be visible from the bottom side ).

Thanks. I revived that old thread!

My crossovers are mounted on the back inside wall of the cabinet. Pretty interesting to see the different ways they do things depending on the year.