PDA

View Full Version : Repair Service recommendation in San Francisco for refoam and L-pad on JBL S1

jordl
02-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I am the lucky owner of vintage JBL C56 S1 with LE14A woofers, LX175DLH and LX10.
They have been in my family for 40 years and need some care.
I need to refoam the woofers and clean the l-pads.
Do you have any recommendation for a repair service in the Bay Area?

Thanks,
Jordl

DavidF
02-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Have not used his services for while but Daniel at Audivex is a good start. No website but still listed on JBL support page.

Audivex 1345-A Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510) 527-1391
[email protected]

JBL PRO/Selenium: TRANSDUCERS, Non-Powered Systems
JBL PRO/Selenium: EON, LSR, Transducers, Non-Powered Systems
JBL PRO/Selenium: All Products, EXCEPT Vertec, VTX, VP, Drivepack

HCSGuy
02-09-2020, 09:35 PM
I have had lots of work done by Daniel at Audiovex and also a few refoam jobs done by A Brown Sound in San Rafael. Daniel is pretty disorganized, and his workshop is piles of woofers all over the place, so while his work is good, your treasured woofer may be more likely to be scratched there. Daniel and I are both grumpy and hate people, so I like working with him, but I always make sure to call ahead and make sure he’s there, and get a completion date that is ASAP and make sure he knows you’ll be there on that day to pick your stuff up. If your plan is to take in the complete speaker, I would definitely go to A Brown Sound, as they probably won’t stack stuff on top of it. Make sure that with ANY refoam job, you specify how you want it reformed, with the foam glued to the back of the cone, and also that it is written that way on the work order. Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!

jordl
02-10-2020, 10:43 AM
Thank you for both for your recommendations.
Keep'em coming. :-)
Anything I should be on the lookout for the lpad clean-up?

I will let you know how it goes.

speakerdave
02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
An LE14A may have been glued on the front originally; in that case the refoam will have to be there too.

I think A Brown Sound went out of business a couple of years ago.