PDA

View Full Version : 117h-1

Michael Chavez
01-26-2020, 12:55 PM
What material was the original surround made of?

Have come across several old references to a "very thin rubber surround no longer in production"

But I don't know if that means thin, as in depth of thickness, or thin as meaning the correct roll width and the poster(s) are just referring to foam as "rubber" as in foam rubber

I thought they were all foam on the 117H-1, from beginning to end

please clarify

thank you all

Don C
01-26-2020, 01:32 PM
Mine are foam, but very thin. It looks like if you took some of the typical foam and pressed it with a hot iron. It's a nice dark black in color. But it hasn't lasted, it's cracked and needs to be replaced. It will have to be replaced with the typical grey universal replacement foam.

rdgrimes
01-26-2020, 08:31 PM
What material was the original surround made of?

I've forgotten the name of that stuff, but its a thin rubber-like stuff when its new, (almost like a vinyl), then degrades and gets thinner and brittle. Definitely not foam but you replace it with foam. Good news is that this is an easy driver to re-foam, I've done several and they practically center themselves.

Michael Chavez
01-27-2020, 12:00 PM
I've forgotten the name of that stuff, but its a thin rubber-like stuff when its new, (almost like a vinyl), then degrades and gets thinner and brittle. Definitely not foam but you replace it with foam. Good news is that this is an easy driver to re-foam, I've done several and they practically center themselves.
thank you