PDA

View Full Version : Capacitor,s

Davecdog
12-04-2019, 12:54 PM
What would be a good capacitor for layer model l100,s

Fitero
12-04-2019, 05:26 PM
I've spent lots of money and many, many hours "listening" to caps for speakers and electronics.....which doesn't make me an expert, but I do have an opinion of my own which I'll share.

My favorite caps right now are:

Miflex KPCU series or Audyn True Copper Max.

Davecdog
12-05-2019, 11:29 AM
I've spent lots of money and many, many hours "listening" to caps for speakers and electronics.....which doesn't make me an expert, but I do have an opinion of my own which I'll share.

My favorite caps right now are:

Miflex KPCU series or Audyn True Copper Max.

Wow a little pricey for l100,s lm leaning towards audiocap ppt theta,s

Kay Pirinha
12-06-2019, 03:22 AM
Especially for the very often large LPF capacitors I prefer polypropylene motor run capacitors which often can be sourced from surplus at very little money. And believe me, you won't hear them ;)!

Best regards!

Mr. Widget
12-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Do you want to replace the original crossover with the same design or do you want to follow one of the many upgrade paths?

For the original you simply need one 3uF and one 8uF cap per speaker. The original mylar caps are likely still fine, but mylar isn't the last word in caps. Personally I have left mine original, but if I had the urge to "upgrade" them, I'd likely go for a complete reworking of the network and find a better tweeter.

Widget