PDA

View Full Version : High End Hi-Fi Munich 2019

Odd
05-13-2019, 07:13 AM
If you weren't at the High End Hi-Fi Munich 2019.
You can see many pictures on hifisentralen.no (https://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/galleri.php?do=viewalbum&albumid=653&albumview=2)

svollmer
05-14-2019, 08:07 AM
Great pictures!!! Thanks very much for sharing. Hi-Fi Munich is one of my bucket list items.

Mr. Widget
05-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Thank you for posting that link… I enjoyed the virtual tour. There were some really beautiful things there and some pretty bizarre items as well.

Widget

richluvsound
05-15-2019, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the comprehensive photo record ....

Best sound ... Analog Living Voice . Best sound Digital ... MSB .

The great sounding systems , Vivid with CH Precision , Magico with Constellation , The Payback Designs system was stunning , FM Acoustics .

Lots of snake oil , but some truly brilliant gear too ...

Rich

Mr. Widget
05-15-2019, 08:14 AM
I don’t care how good this might sound, could anyone think this is attractive and want to live with it?

Widget

SEAWOLF97
05-15-2019, 10:51 AM
I don’t care how good this might sound, could anyone think this is attractive and want to live with it?
Widget

+1 .... beat me to it.

but it does have cool garden hose cables on risers..;)

Robh3606
05-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Well can you pick a different color??

Rob:D

man00
05-15-2019, 10:19 PM

Widget
You would think Best Buy would carry these

richluvsound
05-16-2019, 01:10 AM

Widget .

Glad I missed this one .... :crying:

Ian Mackenzie
05-16-2019, 06:50 PM

Widget

A loudspeaker without compromise and marketing input is seldom beautiful art form.
Anyway most men’s real hi end systems live in their man cave in the basement or an industrial estate(1) lock up where it’s out of sight and out of mind. If you don’t have a man cave that’s life along with WAF problems that further complicate the endeavour.

(1) Millionaires who drive Bentley’s on Hong Kong island (everyone’s got one) tend stash their hi end 6 figure systems in industrial warehouse lock ups out of town due to space limitations in hi rise apartments up on the peak.

Some of these apartments are valued at US$44mil.

Mr. Widget
05-16-2019, 08:41 PM
A loudspeaker without compromise and marketing input is seldom beautiful art form.
Anyway most men’s real hi end systems live in their man cave in the basement or an industrial estate(1) lock up where it’s out of sight and out of mind. If you don’t have a man cave that’s life along with WAF problems that further complicate the endeavour.

(1) Millionaires who drive Bentley’s on Hong Kong island (everyone’s got one) tend stash their hi end 6 figure systems in industrial warehouse lock ups out of town due to space limitations in hi rise apartments up on the peak.

Some of these apartments are valued at US$44mil.That's fine, but these are so unfortunate looking I could only stand them if they were painted matte black, my man cave was also painted black, and there was no illumination in the room beyond the glow of the equipment!

Widget

Ian Mackenzie
05-17-2019, 12:27 AM
Grab a spray can of Matt Black and you are done...Lol.

Be careful not to trip over the $10,000 black interconnects.

svollmer
05-17-2019, 06:35 AM
Those are Von Scweikert Ultra 9's. Maybe not beautiful, but boy do they sound great and disappear. I was fortunate to hear them at RMAF and even more fortunate to hear the Ultra 11's at RMAF and Capital Audiofest. One of the best systems I've ever heard.

A couple video links are below if interested. Some might recognize Gordon in the Ultra 11 video.

Ultra 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kT_BC5dxfU

Ultra 11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYcQYmzbsY

Ed Kreamer
05-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Colleagues,

My beloved spouse of 43 years has put up with my hi-fi meanderings for all my married life but she WOULD NOT put up with those. I live in a small house and what ever adorns our living/listening/theater room has to be clothed in a scandinavian style ethic, preferably teak. I sometmes think that todays designers prefer the weird over the beautiful.

Bauhaus anyone?

Thanks Odd for the report link. I too would like to go there someday. What fun that that would be.

svollmer
05-17-2019, 02:59 PM
I prefer wood finishes too, but many companies are going with automotive finishes. I wonder if today's technology and economy make that financially preferable over beautiful veneers.