PDA

View Full Version : LEAP on a new computer

Robh3606
04-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Has anyone ever moved LEAP over to a new computer?? I cannot get windows 7 to recognize the USB driver for the program key so I cannot get LEAP to work. The real issue is my old XP computer finally gave up the ghost I lost LEAP, and Clio hoping to at least get CLIO back. Any ideas??

Rob:banghead:

Mr. Widget
04-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Can you load XP on a "new" dedicated computer? I never worked with LEAP so I am not sure what their requirements are, but I would think you could reload the software on a new computer if it was running XP.

Widget

Robh3606
04-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Hello Widget

I think I found a work around over on the DIY Audio site. I will try it and post the results.

Rob:)

SEAWOLF97
04-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Try going to the leap.exe (or whatever it's called) , right click, properties , run in XP mode.

or put another HD in the XP box and reload XP onto it.

Doctor_Electron
05-11-2019, 04:11 AM
Hello Widget

I think I found a work around over on the DIY Audio site. I will try it and post the results.

Rob
Hello Robb, How are you?:)

Robh3606
05-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Good how about you?? Having fun with the Heils! You do any projects lately?

Hello SEAWOLF

I was having issues with the drivers not being signed. I ended up getting it back up. I had a bad back-up hard drive and a power supply issue. Dropped in a new PS and disabled the back-up drive and now it's back up. Good idea though looking into a dedicated back-up computer.

Rob:)