PDA

View Full Version : Worth the cost of a SUB 550P?

man00
03-04-2019, 03:33 PM
I have the L100T now, not sure how low they go but this goes down to 27Hz..or suppose to

man00
03-05-2019, 09:50 AM
I have the L100T now, not sure how low they go but this goes down to 27Hz..or suppose to
doesn't matter now, talked myself out of buying one

HCSGuy
03-06-2019, 01:38 PM
L100t's should be strong to 35hz in most rooms. The Sub550 looks like a pretty basic, POS woofer in a box - the advantage of a subwoofer is being able to place it where the bass sounds best, and tweak the level and crossover to sound best in your room. You would gain that, but I suspect the quality of bass from your L100t's is much better. I would keep looking for a really good, used sub, though probably not JBL, as they don't have good mid-priced subwoofers, and those that you might find used (Performance Series PS1400 would be awesome) tend to blow capacitors in the amps, necessitating a couple hundred bucks for a rebuild. Good luck!

man00
03-06-2019, 03:24 PM
L100t's should be strong to 35hz in most rooms. The Sub550 looks like a pretty basic, POS woofer in a box - the advantage of a subwoofer is being able to place it where the bass sounds best, and tweak the level and crossover to sound best in your room. You would gain that, but I suspect the quality of bass from your L100t's is much better. I would keep looking for a really good, used sub, though probably not JBL, as they don't have good mid-priced subwoofers, and those that you might find used (Performance Series PS1400 would be awesome) tend to blow capacitors in the amps, necessitating a couple hundred bucks for a rebuild. Good luck!
JBL is/was having decent sale on the sub and other speakers..after reading some reviews on other sites JBL isn't the way to go