PDA

View Full Version : D2 2415k Wassup ?

macaroonie
04-12-2018, 04:47 PM
I see Reconing Speakers (http://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-5020810x-d2415k-high-frequency-driver-d2/) have the little D2 on at $330.

Has anyone had a try at these ? Seems that if it keeps up with it's big brother it could be a good candidate for some experimentation in smaller systems.

Dave Zan
04-13-2018, 01:13 AM
Has anyone had a try at these ?

POS has a pair of these, in the Technical sub-forum.

Best wishes
David

macaroonie
04-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Thanks David.

I'm lightly surprised that among all the hoopla surrounding the M2 and particularly the D2 2430k that the baby brother has not received more attention.

By dint of its smaller form it ' should' perform better at the UHF thus needing less DSP correction if that was on hand.
I did catch the slightly awkward 20mm exit but lets face it the 2430 needs an adaptor plate. It shouldn't be too hard to fab something , even from wood.

I'm losing track of the swarm of different bass and bass / mid drivers coming from Samsung these days but I'm sure there will be a very competent 12" in there that would play up to the wee D2.
Add in DSP and its whoopee time for a compact system.

Dave Zan
04-14-2018, 05:00 PM
...the baby brother has not received more attention.

There is also a D2423 that has received no attention whatsoever, admittedly it's built for a line array.
But yes, the lack of interest in the 2415 is a pity - I look forward to some data, perhaps you will spur POS to produce a frequency response plot.
Or if you buy one yourself then please post the results

..from Sams*** these days but I'm sure there will be a very competent 12"

Surely you mean JBL?;)

Best wishes
David

macaroonie
04-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Thats a new one David , application specific in the extreme , they been busy with the 3D rapid prototyping.

Driver exit

Waveguide entry

Complete do da

Not much scope for McGuyvering there.

I have a pal who owes me a favour. He works at one of the big uni's in the dept of advanced metalwork and machining. He made this wee beauty just for s*its and grins
all from 6061 Al Every single part is cnc machined

I'm sure he could lash up some adaptors. POS will be getting mail.

Cheers M