PDA

View Full Version : Mystery JBL? Bullet Tweeter. Please help Identify.

Thomasseurs
07-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Hello Everyone

First my apologies that I start right off the bat with this inquiry but I have exhausted the limits of my googling abilities.

In the early 90's the Importer of JBL to the Netherlands gave me 2 bullet tweeters. He told me they where JBL's. They are very very good tweeters and I have used them in my studio for years. Having dismantled the studio I realized there where no markings on the tweeters that made it out to be JBL's. The design looks very JBL to me. But I can not find any picture or reference to these tweeters by JBL or any of the other major professional manufacturers. So I attach these pictures hoping someone will know what they are.

The magnets are very large in comparison to the cone.

Kind Regards
T. Masseurs

Mr. Widget
07-21-2017, 05:08 PM
My first guess was Cetec Gauss tweeters, but in a quick Google search the only tweeters of theirs I found look similar from the rear, but not very similar from the front.

Stay tuned… there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and with luck someone will be able to recognize these.

Widget

1audiohack
07-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Fane also made bullet tweeters but it's been so long since I have seen one I can't say for sure.

Barry.

Chevelle
07-24-2017, 12:51 PM
These tweeters are build by an Asian company called Zomax. They were sold by various companies, in Germany by Monacor as MHD-300/RD.

3000-20000Hz
Fs 1000Hz
crossover 5000Hz
300watts
106dB
8 ohms

Hjalmar

Thomasseurs
08-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Thanks Chevelle! Now I know what I have!
Thanks everyone for the kind help!