PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone look At This Crossover Schematic?

robertg
08-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Would this work with a 130A low, 2482 mid and 2402 high. The 2482 is 16 ohm, and the others are 8 ohm. The actual measured resistance is written on the paper. They are supposed to crossover at 500 Hz and 4500 Hz.

audiomagnate
08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
It will work, but it won't sound right. Why would you want to use a crossover designed for a completely different speaker on your precious JBL drivers? Unlike Infinity Kappa crossovers, JBL crossovers are really simple, and they use L Pads not variable resistors which shift the crossover point as they are adjusted. That's just one reason not to do it, there are lots of others that I don't have the time or inclination to get into. Let's just say it's a really bad idea.

robertg
08-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I got them cheap, and I was just going to use the binding posts. I thought they looked like they were made well, so I thought maybe they would work for me.

I'm going to tri-amp everything for now, but I know I will get tired of having three amps running.

boputnam
08-22-2016, 03:59 PM
...JBL crossovers are really simple, and they use L Pads not variable resistors which shift the crossover point as they are adjusted. ... Let's just say it's a really bad idea.:applaud: