PDA

View Full Version : Best Gear?

AudioFile
08-17-2016, 02:38 AM
Hey,

I’ve been steadily overhauling my studio gear as some of it was getting a bit tired. I’m a sucker for the old stuff and after a brief rummage around various online bargain bins looking for vintage speakers for sale (http://info:www.canada.for-sale.com/jbl-speakers), I scored myself a sweet pair of reconditioned JBL 4343’s. The transparency of the sound is amazing. Best monitor speakers I’ve ever used and put a real smile on my face.

Just a quick question for you audioheads. What’s the piece of gear that you own that made you the happiest when you got it all plugged up and running? Doesn't have to be speakers. Can be anything.

SEAWOLF97
08-17-2016, 06:26 AM
What’s the piece of gear that you own that made you the happiest when you got it all plugged up and running? Doesn't have to be speakers. Can be anything.

tie:

amp=BGW750D :D
cd=ARCAM FMJ23 :D
TT=Denon DP60L w/Shure V-15-V :D

1audiohack
08-17-2016, 07:41 AM
For me it would have to be the 4350's. I wanted a pair of those so bad for so long that even though I have speakers that sound better and other speakers that play louder, these are the ones I just love to get out and play.

Welcome to the forum!

Barry

grumpy
08-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Don't know if this counts, as I'm sure they're gone, but saving up for... purchasing... and then listening
to death: a pair of Koss Pro 4AA headphones was a long term jones-satisfying item. Allowed a level of
quality, volume, and parental sanity unavailable via speakers at that price and time.

Chevelle
08-17-2016, 12:34 PM
For me it always was a dream to bring old power amps back to life. As digital amps are available today, much lighter and more powerful, all the old analog amps from the 70s and 80s found there way to the scrapyard.
I was lucky to find a Crown DC300 and a Pioneer SPEC4 in bad condition, used for years in PA systems. Now they work for me, fully restored with a lot of new parts and sounding like new. It is always a great feeling when I fire them up the first time after their last tone years ago.....

Hjalmar