PDA

View Full Version : L300 077 tweeter location

rbnjr
03-01-2016, 04:25 PM
I have seen this driver mounted flush on some models and the L300 mounts it about .25in out or away from the cabinet. why is this and would mounting it flush be a improvement.
the tweeter would at least have a more finished appearance, don't know how this would effect anything..might just try it with some shims to make flush.

any suggestions/comments welcome.

thank you.

tjm001
03-02-2016, 07:53 AM
I have seen this driver mounted flush on some models and the L300 mounts it about .25in out or away from the cabinet. why is this and would mounting it flush be a improvement.
the tweeter would at least have a more finished appearance, don't know how this would effect anything..might just try it with some shims to make flush.

any suggestions/comments welcome.

thank you.

If it's a 1 inch baffle it's flush. If a 3/4 inch baffle it sticks out.
Tom

rbnjr
03-02-2016, 08:26 AM
If it's a 1 inch baffle it's flush. If a 3/4 inch baffle it sticks out.
Tom

Tom, was looking for the sonic differences if any could determined and if one has a clear advantage sonically just by mounting depth.

thank you.

tjm001
03-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Tom, was looking for the sonic differences if any could determined and if one has a clear advantage sonically just by mounting depth.

thank you.
My best guess is there will be no audible difference. The wavelengths are only 1 to 2 inches. I see many on this forum are using 077/2405s free standing mounted on top of their cabinets.

rbnjr
03-02-2016, 10:05 AM
My best guess is there will be no audible difference. The wavelengths are only 1 to 2 inches. I see many on this forum are using 077/2405s free standing mounted on top of their cabinets.

Thank you tom, i would like to see some examples of a free standing drivers sitting on top of the cabinets. are they adding another hi frequency driver to increase dispersion of the freq or to increase overall volume levels...not sure of the purpose of this mod.

thank you.

grumpy
03-02-2016, 10:36 AM
No. It's just a convenient place to set them, and easier to play with... Usually an add-on to a system that might benefit from a supertweeter, without modifying a stock enclosure.

the 2405 has more output available (and sensitivity) than most any indoor non-pro application needs.