PDA

View Full Version : Revisit on 4343 phasing

pyonc
11-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi friends,I know this issue has been discussed in this forum, but want to double check.
LF of 4343 is out of phase with MF/HF/UHF according to JBL factory spec, right?

Now, with a 1.5v battery test, this is the outcome of the test:
RE upper speaker terminals for M/H F, terminal Red goes to amp ReD, terminal Black goes to amp Black : cone moves OUT
RE lower speaker terminals for woofer, terminal Red goes to amp Black, terminal Black goes to amp Red: woofer moves IN

I'm currently running an 24db/oct crossover in a biamp mode.
Thanks for your feedback and advice in advance.

grumpy
11-03-2015, 09:23 PM
In going from a 12dB/octave crossover to a 24dB unit, I'd expect you'd want to flip the polarity of one of the speaker inputs so the drivers are acoustically in phase. But, ultimately, do what sounds best to you. Chasing down polarities in a multi-amped, electronically crossed over, multiway system is a nightmare without the right experience, documentation, and tools.

pyonc
11-04-2015, 08:54 AM
... But, ultimately, do what sounds best to you...

Thanks a lot, grumpy. That's what I'm trying to do.
Though the cones and woofer move IN under the current set-up with speaker terminal RED(-) into amp BLK(-),
I've modified the set-up in a way that both woofers and cones move OUT with speaker BLK (+) into amp RED (+).
So, With JBL' inherent polarity (blk+, red-) aside, I've wired to the effect both woofers and cones are in phase with each other.