PDA

View Full Version : Synergy ,,placement,,power/amp

SEAWOLF97
02-03-2015, 10:36 AM
In my living room , besides the 250Ti's (& Ohm F's) , I have demo setup with a Denon 85wpc receiver. For the last couple of months, it's been driving the JBL 120Ti's. Sounds good, but could be better.

On the computer , the soundcard (an outstanding Realtec 24/192 7.1 chip) goes to a Technics 130 wpc integrated amp driving ESS AMT 10b's ...Sounds good, but could be better. The ESS's are in the foot wells of 2 desks butted together in an "L" shape.

The ESS's need a little veneer work on the fascia's , so I pulled them out yesterday. They have a rear 10 inch PR that sounded constricted in those locations (in addition to the front 10).

Got an idea :idea:... switch the JBL's with the ESS's and see what happens :dont-know:

The JBL's really came alive ...don't know if it was the Synergy ,,placement,,or power/amp . As much as the 120's improved , the AMT's improved even more :bouncy: ... they became very dynamic/punchy with highs "As Clear as Light" (their modded logo)

I'm very happy with the results and neither will move again ... just not sure what I did right to cause this ??