PDA

View Full Version : Diaphragm for 2445

Dr.db
11-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Hey guys,

I´m looking for the best sounding Dia´s below 300$.

The 2445 titanium tends to be a little harsh.
The Radian 1245 is aluminium, but some people say they´re smooth, but boring. So they noticed a loss in details and transparency :blink:
How about the original JBL D16R2441 ? These are aluminium and from the old Alnico`s.... better than the Radian´s ?
Are these still available new ?

Thanks a lot for your help and Happy Thanksgiving,
Olaf

Mannermusic
11-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Hey guys,

I´m looking for the best sounding Dia´s below 300$.

The 2445 titanium tends to be a little harsh.
The Radian 1245 is aluminium, but some people say they´re smooth, but boring. So they noticed a loss in details and transparency :blink:
How about the original JBL D16R2441 ? These are aluminium and from the old Alnico`s.... better than the Radian´s ?
Are these still available new ?

Thanks a lot for your help and Happy Thanksgiving,
Olaf

Assume you mean each? I recently purchased a pair of 2441 diaphragms from Full Compass in Madison, Wisconsin. You can contact them at [email protected]. for a price. I'd say anything under $500 for a pair is good. They can get most anything but do not try to stock everything (smart business!). Took about two weeks in my case, came straight from JBL. But, you have the overseas shipping problem - although maybe they can source them through a German location. To me the 2441 is very good - works well with my old JBL HL89 horns on Alnico motors. Correct response, etc. Local JBL pro says the True Extent are slightly better but not worth the money; 2441 is the best value in terms of available JBL diaphragms. I like 'em!

1audiohack
11-28-2014, 12:17 PM
To me it largly depends on the horn in use. On a constant directivity horn, I think the 2441 diaphragms are too laid back but on a radial or conical they are my first go to diaphragm. When driving a constant directivity horn my initial pick is the 2450SL diapragms.

It's all a system, including the room and your ears so as always there are no absolutes.

My two bits.

Obviously the $300 USD leaves the TruExtent diaphragms out of the disscussion.

Barry.