PDA

View Full Version : Bought JBL J88i headphones. Left/right side problem

n1kn1k
07-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi guys! i've acquired a pair of jbl headphones (J88i) and i'm noticing a problem, the left side (the side with the audio cable) sounds louder than the right. It seems like the right side has less amplitude on low frequencies than the left one but the mids and highs sound kinda the same on both. The fact that there is less bass on one side makes them sound unbalanced. (i'm testing them with a mono signal, just to make sure its not a mixing problem)

Is this common?? it seriously annoys me, please if you guys have any advice i would be really grateful. Maybe there is a common fix, or maybe it is known problem. Should I contact the provider for the guarantee service?
:crying:
Thanks in advance, Nicolas.

hjames
07-16-2014, 05:03 PM
We are not the official JBL commercial site -
and have no connection to Harman,
the company that owns JBL.

This is mostly a fan site - that said, I'd definitely check with your dealer
to see what they can do about a problem with a new pair of headphones.
Good luck with your headphones.

Hi guys! i've acquired a pair of jbl headphones (J88i) and i'm noticing a problem, the left side (the side with the audio cable) sounds louder than the right. It seems like the right side has less amplitude on low frequencies than the left one but the mids and highs sound kinda the same on both. The fact that there is less bass on one side makes them sound unbalanced. (i'm testing them with a mono signal, just to make sure its not a mixing problem)

Is this common?? it seriously annoys me, please if you guys have any advice i would be really grateful. Maybe there is a common fix, or maybe it is known problem. Should I contact the provider for the guarantee service?
:crying:
Thanks in advance, Nicolas.

n1kn1k
07-16-2014, 07:01 PM
This is mostly a fan site - that said, I'd definitely check with your dealer
to see what they can do about a problem with a new pair of headphones.
Good luck with it!

Hi! thanks! but, what do you mean with "this is mostly a fan site"?
I posted here because it said "technical help forum" :confused:

BMWCCA
07-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Hi! thanks! but, what do you mean with "this is mostly a fan site"?
I posted here because it said "technical help forum" :confused:

The URL is Audioheritage.org
I believe what Heather is trying to say is:
We're a group concerning ourselves with the heritage models of JBL going back over 60-years, and the paltry few new TOTL models that attempt to continue that heritage. JBL has no history in headphones and, while yours might be the best available, in another twenty-years or so they might be fodder for discussion on a "heritage" site.

We're just not the right folks to ask.
Try here: http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/support/spdp.jsp?pid=J88I&spdp=product-support

Best of luck!