PDA

View Full Version : Not Lansing but interesting none the less(EV plans:folded horn bass reflex etc.)

RWR
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
I called Electro-Voice in the early 90's and asked for enclosure plans and they were nice enough to send me several plans for bass speakers.I built the TL4025 folded horn which I still have today with Altec drivers.
Anyway I thought I'd share. I have more i'll post anotherv time.
Enjoy

speakerdave
10-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Why don't you tell us what they are and save folks the trouble of downloading and then trashing things they're not interested in.

The first one's a 13 cu ft box for an 18" music woofer. . . . um, thanks.

RWR
11-09-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm just offering up some plans that I happened to have .Yes the first one is useless but the rest I thought some people might appreciate. It is interesting to see the 30'' bass enclosure that the size of a commercial refrigerator. at least for me it is unlike yourself that has nothing better to do than look at one print and and gripe about how I failed to save you tremendous effort and time to open up a few PDF files. I posted some free information take it or leave it.

cooky1257
11-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Why don't you tell us what they are and save folks the trouble of downloading and then trashing things they're not interested in.

The first one's a 13 cu ft box for an 18" music woofer. . . . um, thanks.

Ouch, clicking that link must have really inconvenienced you.

RWR, you may get a better response on a none JBL specific forum such as http://forum.speakerplans.com.

RWR
11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I love vintage audio especially Lansing products.That's why I'm here. I was just offering up info that I have. I didn't realize that there was such a single sighted mind set here although I guess I should have by the name of the forum. I guess you wouldn't talk Chevy on a Ford forum.I'll keep it Lansing from now on.

sonofagun
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM
To quote a famous movie line:

"Welcome to the party pal"

RWR
11-10-2013, 07:36 PM
If you want to dyi some cabinets there are a few drawings period. No need to respond with advise on where to post or how you don't have a use for them. You guys need to get off your f$#king high horse and get over it already. I've never come across a more petty bunch in my life.

Lee in Montreal
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
The TL-4025 is the basis on which Richard Long + Associates built the famous Bertha. EAW and GSA "took" Richard Long's design. Pioner/TAD now sells them ;-)

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/newsroom/news/club_sound/page.html

1audiohack
11-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow.

This is a pretty small forum and we usually try to keep it fairly tidy as far as what goes where as it helps when searching. It not likely anyone will search for EV anything on the Lansing Product page. That was simply brought up to help you.

Barry.

RWR
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
1audiojack,
I know better and perhaps the pettiness lies with me . My apologies to all and this chapter is closed for me. The personal attacks were way out of line. I know that and I don't want to offend anybody.

cooky1257
11-11-2013, 01:12 AM
If you want to dyi some cabinets there are a few drawings period. No need to respond with advise on where to post or how you don't have a use for them. You guys need to get off your f$#king high horse and get over it already. I've never come across a more petty bunch in my life.

Well that's me told! Seriously, JBL isn't the only star I( and no doubt many other members) orbit and suggesting a better/alternative venue for those plans shouldn't piss you off.Stick around, you'll find LH is a 'direct' but very knowledgeable and helpful forum.