PDA

View Full Version : Create a new forum? "Lansing Related Forums: Home Theater Systems"

hjames
09-20-2013, 02:52 AM
This is a request to TPTB to start a new forum for Home Theater systems

I'm bring this over here to avoid further off-topic comments in Seawolf's film review of "No Direction Home"

The thought is to have a new forum created - something like "Lansing Related Forums: Home Theater Systems"

Seems like there are a lot of folks using JBL and Lansing related gear for watching TV and movies -
heck, look at that stunning system Doug (TiDo) put together!

Anyway - not sure how to take this idea further - but it seems like one whose time has come!

Thanks in advance to the Mods and anyone who can help make this idea real!

[Sorry again SEAWOLF for the thread jack... I honestly do appreciate your review.]

Cool! You want to start a topic in general discussion (where it may see more traffic) to set some hooks to see if a few others bite?

If not, I ain't skeered... ;) I'll led my "300"/"Thunderdome" charge... ;)

Hoerninger
09-20-2013, 04:17 AM
"Lansing Related Forums: Home Theater Systems"
:thmbsup:

Fully appreciated, as it is more than putting together some speakers.
It is not only TV and Home Theater but also multichannel music.
Sometimes very special tricks /hints makes the whole system more comfortably running.
There is much more to say than e.g. here (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?20660-Multichannel-recordings-recommendations&p=206585&viewfull=1#post206585)

Doctor_Electron
09-20-2013, 04:18 AM
This is a request to TPTB to start a new forum for Home Theater systems

I'm bring this over here fto avoid further off-topic comments in Seawolf's film review of "No Direction Home"

The thought is to have a new forum created - something like "Lansing Related Forums: Home Theater Systems"

Seems like there are a lot of folks using JBL and Lansing related gear for watching TV and movies -
heck, look at that stunning system Doug (TiDo) put together!

Anyway - not sure how to take this idea further - but it seems like one whose time has come!

Thanks in advance to the Mods and anyone who can help make this idea real!

+1

NickH
09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Seems like a good idea to me.

Maxwelhse
09-24-2013, 04:21 PM
You know I'm on board! :)

Even my 65 year old Dad is running JBLs in his H/T (L300 front, 4430 rear)!

Vintage JBL and H/T are just like "peas and carrots"!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvKzyYy6qvY

gferrell
09-25-2013, 05:30 PM
That is so cool I'm on board too!

Jonas_h
09-27-2013, 01:20 AM
That is so cool I'm on board too!
Me too! For me JBL systems is all about movie reproduction so I would read with great interest.

Lee in Montreal
09-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Damn good idea!!! I like seeing pictures with stacks of power amps and bunker filled with W15GTi woofers ;-)

baldrick
09-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Damn good idea!!! I like seeing pictures with stacks of power amps and bunker filled with W15GTi woofers ;-)

I agree and I hope I soon can fill up with some W15GTIs :)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=58115&d=1359885610

Fort Knox
10-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I listened and ask a sales person at Best Buy if Dolby 7.1 (or earlier)
if the encoded ...sound info.. had more "built-in" dynamic headroom then regular stereo
and he didn't know..

Mr. Widget
10-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I listened and ask a sales person at Best Buy if...
and he didn't know..That's a surprise. :D

Based on this sampling it doesn't seem like there are dozens of members clamoring for an additional Topic...

I'm not opposed to creating another sub forum, but we do have quite a few already.

Widget