PDA

View Full Version : Shims for 2235H

jbl
09-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi, Anyone know where I can find shims for the 2235H? As you know, the 2235 has a foam filter under the Dust Cap. When it's time to refoam the drivers, I intend to replace the foam filter with speaker grill cloth that will allow the same volume of air to pass and still serve as a filter. I ordered some dust caps and foam filters (for comparison purposes) from Harman. To access the foam filter I need to remove the dust cap. For this I need to shim the VC while refoaming. Anyone know where I can get the shims? I read that 35mm film is close enough, but I'd rather use the best.

1audiohack
09-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi;

Are you replacing just the foam filter or the suspension surround also? No method of centering is required unless you cut the cone loose at the spider and or the surround.

If your plans for repair require centering, PM me your address and I will send you the centering sleeve that comes with a cone kit. :)

Barry.

jbl
09-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi;

Are you replacing just the foam filter or the suspension surround also? No method of centering is required unless you cut the cone loose at the spider and or the surround.

If your plans for repair require centering, PM me your address and I will send you the centering sleeve that comes with a cone kit. :)

Barry.
Barry, Thanks for the offer. I'll send a PM your way. Please let me know how much you need including shipping. When it's time for a surround replacement, I'll change the foam filter as well. This time with some grill cloth so it won't be an issue again. The Moyen glue dry's faster than the glue Rick Cobb supplies, so I won't be using the 30 Hz tone. Instead I'll shim the voice coil.

jbl
09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Barry I just sent you a PM. Sorry for the incorrect format re my address info. There appears to be a problem with posting & PM.