PDA

View Full Version : HD Tuner?

Mark's JBLs
06-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Looking for a HD tuner. A buddy of mine gave me (free) a Sony XDR-F1HD, he warned me. I don't know if all them are POS's, but this one sure is. I think it's done, this time (it's had other problems) the power shuts off like you pulled the plug. Reset button doesn't do anything. Walk away for a while and it does come back on, but I'm ready to throw this POS out the window and go outside and pee on it! Do you guys know of a good unit(s)?Thanks guys, Mark

Mark's JBLs
06-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Those are some great units, one or two of them may be out of my price range at this time. Let the shopping begin! Thanks guys!

speakerdave
06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Mark's JBLs;348852] . . . . I'm ready to throw this POS out the window and go outside and pee on it . . . . ]

Unplug it first, lad.

Mark's JBLs
06-09-2013, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=Mark's JBLs;348852] . . . . I'm ready to throw this POS out the window and go outside and pee on it . . . . ]

Unplug it first, lad.<Thanks for your concern for my safety. The POS is roughly eight feet from the nearest window and it isn't plugged into an extension cord. Plus, the patch cords are only three feet long. Therefore it would be impossible to throw it out of the window without unplugging the unit. Let's not forget modern equipment grounded outlets play a part as well...