PDA

View Full Version : Harman Kardon Citation XX Amp and X-II Preamp for sale!

Techray
03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I have an HK Citation XX amp and matching X-II preamp available. The amp needs some work. Both are in excellent cosmetic condition. Here are a couple of pictures. Let me know if you are interested.

Techray
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I tried to respond to your message but I got an error message stating you could not receive "Private Messages". Please message me your email address and I will respond to your questions. Ray

gferrell
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Very nice AMP!

jblnut
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Ray,

Last time we spoke you were going to get the amp checked out locally by a tech near you. Did that happen and if so what was the word? I don't know if all the prospective buyers are the same as me, but given the rarity of this unit and the "word on the street" that is has some unobtainable parts, I know I'd want to know what the operating status is before I purchased it.

We also have some tech wizards here among us and maybe for someone like that, this might be the opportunity of a lifetime to get a XX for a sweet price because it needs some work.

Good luck with the sale - I'm still interested if you can show it's been gone over by someone....

jblnut

Techray
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi JBL, I have not had the time to take it in so I'm trying to sell it "as is". HK sent me a list of service centers that can work on it and I have come across several Vintage Audio Refurbishers and service companies that claim to be able to work on it. I just don't have time time myself. You're right, this is a great opportunity for someone.
Hi Ray,

Last time we spoke you were going to get the amp checked out locally by a tech near you. Did that happen and if so what was the word? I don't know if all the prospective buyers are the same as me, but given the rarity of this unit and the "word on the street" that is has some unobtainable parts, I know I'd want to know what the operating status is before I purchased it.

We also have some tech wizards here among us and maybe for someone like that, this might be the opportunity of a lifetime to get a XX for a sweet price because it needs some work.

Good luck with the sale - I'm still interested if you can show it's been gone over by someone....

jblnut

m8mini
04-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi, could you email me a price and we could talk, i am interested if you would be able to package them for shipping?
Thanks Matt

Techray
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM

Techray
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM

NickH
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
What are you looking to get for it?

Nick

Lee in Montreal
04-05-2013, 10:35 PM
What has happened since then? http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?31925-Harman-Kardon-Citation-XX-Amp-and-X-II-Preamp-for-sale!

Techray
02-10-2014, 11:00 AM
I have an HK Citation XX amp and matching X-II preamp available. The amp needs some work. Both are in excellent cosmetic condition. Here are a couple of pictures. Let me know if you are interested.

I am seeking offers on these 2 great HK products. Prefer to sell as a pair but will consider all offers. Will only ship to U.S. address.

jblnut
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Can you tell us what is wrong with the XX and why it needs service ? You pop up here once a year to try and sell these then disappear again. You need to type more than a few words if you want bites on this very expensive gear that may have broken and unobtainable parts.

jblnut

wpod
02-10-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm guessing because of the massive heat sinks, it probably is, but I could not find any info to substantiate this. Anyone?:confused: thanks, Paul

Odd
02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Info from Google

The legendary harman/kardon Citation XX power amplifier is perhaps the best sounding amp ever made. It was designed by world famous Dr. Matti Otala, who discovered and resolved Transient Intermodulation Distortion in 1970. The Citation XX was an at-any-cost project, and is the crowning achievement in amplification's sound quality.

Techray
03-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Thank you for your interest.

gasfan
04-05-2014, 10:24 AM
How did it sound?

Wardsweb
04-12-2014, 07:31 AM
FYI: From the front panel picture, the infrasonic filter is keeping the "safety" circuit on. The red infrasonic filter light must go out before the amp goes out of protection. This is on the input signal and not on the outputs.

Audiobeer
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
FYI: From the front panel picture, the infrasonic filter is keeping the "safety" circuit on. The red infrasonic filter light must go out before the amp goes out of protection. This is on the input signal and not on the outputs.

It sang for the 1st time in years Baby! It's alive. Yours will be too soon! Bob got that Mofo working again!!!!

jblnut
05-06-2014, 08:00 AM
That's great news ! Please post some impressions of what it sounds like when you get some time. We're all eager to hear if the legends are true...

jblnut