PDA

View Full Version : Melody Gardot

tom1040
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
My one and only thrill.

I purchased this a while back. I love it-recording sounds great.

who will comfort me is my favorite-right now. Having a bit of downtime & liking it!:D

hjames
03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
My one and only thrill.

I purchased this a while back. I love it-recording sounds great.

who will comfort me is my favorite-right now. Having a bit of downtime & liking it!:D

Yes, she's fantastic. They did a nice feature on her a while back on CBS Sunday Morning ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6136503n

HCSGuy
03-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I check Ticketmaster every month to see if she announces any concert dates on the left coast - no luck - she seems to be in Europe for the foreseeable future:( I hear she is amazing in person. Never thought I'd want to hear "Over the Rainbow" again, but her's is utterly listenable.

Good choice!

pos
03-03-2012, 03:21 AM
I saw her in concert at the Alhambra in Paris in 2010, she is an amazing performer! The sound was great (although it was line arrays :dont-know:).
Her first album, Worrisome Heart, is also very good, more minimalist and intimate.

tom1040
03-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Yes, she's fantastic. They did a nice feature on her a while back on CBS Sunday Morning ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6136503n

Very interesting. Thank you for that link. She is a delight.

tom1040
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I saw her in concert at the Alhambra in Paris in 2010, she is an amazing performer! The sound was great (although it was line arrays :dont-know:).
Her first album, Worrisome Heart, is also very good, more minimalist and intimate.

You are correct! It is very good. I love this. Sounds really good on the Arrays.....:)

hjames
04-24-2012, 07:05 PM
You are correct! It is very good. I love this. Sounds really good on the Arrays.....:)

Melody and her music sound good on a lot of speakers ...
the JBL 3 ways - or some DCM transmission line speakers I've been playing with lately
(DCM Time Frame 400s in front, DCM Time Frame 600s in back ... custom JBLs as always)

tom1040
04-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Melody and her music sound good on a lot of speakers ...
the JBL 3 ways - or some DCM transmission line speakers I've been playing with lately
(DCM Time Frame 400s in front, DCM Time Frame 600s in back ... custom JBLs as always)

I am sorry. I didn't mean that she could ONLY sound good on the Arrays-just that she did sound good. I can imagine that she would sound good on many type of speakers. I did not mean to offend.

hjames
04-25-2012, 06:03 AM
I am sorry. I didn't mean that she could ONLY sound good on the Arrays-just that she did sound good. I can imagine that she would sound good on many type of speakers. I did not mean to offend.

Nope - no offense at all -
I had just pulled her stuff out the other day to check/compare some new-to-me speakers and
was enjoying her stuff all over again ...

very nice!

hjames
11-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Any comments on her new album, the Absence??
Love it?
hate it?
Makes you twitchy?

MikeBrewster77
11-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Listening to it for a second time as I type this. "Twitchy" is exactly the phrase I would use to describe how I feel listening to the third track, but I find the rest of it quite pleasant - pretty I might even say. Not the most compelling album I've ever heard, but quite enjoyable and well recorded/mastered (which honestly goes far in and of itself these days.)

hjames
07-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Just got 4 Tickets for Emma and I, and 2 friends to see Melody Gardot at the Birchmere Oct 6!
Even tho she's from Philadelphia, Melody mostly plays in Europe -
but she announced a US tour of 8 stops this fall ...
(got tickets via Ticketbastard ...)

Sep 29 - Herbst Theatre San Francisco, CA
Sep 30 - The Theatre At The Ace Hotel Los Angeles, CA
Oct 03 - Vic Theatre Chicago, IL
Oct 05 - Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Annapolis, MD
Oct 06 - The Birchmere Music Hall Alexandria, VA
Oct 08 - Berklee Performance Centre Boston, MA
Oct 09 - Merriam Theatre Philadelphia, PA
Oct 10 - Town Hall New York, NY

She does have a new album out "Currency of Man" -
Its a leap from the older material, much more of a bluesy, rocking sound.

rusty jefferson
07-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Holy Crap! I may have to get tickets for both Annapolis and the Birchmere. Thanks for posting.

rusty jefferson
07-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Holy Crap! Those tickets were expensive. Damn service charge. Just the Annapolis show for us.:)

bubbleboy76
07-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I saw Melody Gardot live in Dalhalla, an old mine/quarry here in Sweden, a very special place. I like her a lot.

http://dalhalla.se/media/bildgalleri/

Probably a copper mine, because the sound was warm and very much bass. I would have preferred a silver mine with more detailed sound. (audiophile joke).

hjames
07-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Holy Crap! I may have to get tickets for both Annapolis and the Birchmere. Thanks for posting.

Glad you saw it - Emma and I plus Wilfredo and his wife are doing the Birchmere show ...

So far, October is shaping up as a great music month -
Melody Oct 6 and Knopfler at Warner Theater Oct 18th

hjames
05-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Just got the BluRay of Melody Gardot at the Olympia in Paris -
Amazon has it for $15 in Bluray or DVD - I got the Bluray ...
Video is crisp and clear - its a big venue ...
Audio is DTS-HD 5.1 audio and LPCM (sounds like 2 ch)
Basic tracks - no Bonus features

Don't Misunderstand
Same to You
She Don't Know
Bad News
March for Mingus
Morning Sun
Les Étoiles
Baby I'm a Fool
Who Will Comfort Me
Preacherman
It Gonna Come

Very much like the show we saw last Oct at the Birchmere in Virginia!