PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4430

musicloud
01-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi to all, I'm new here so go easy on me. I'm looking at making my firstreal purchase of a pair of 4430s speakers, they sound great boxes are inexcellent shape. The problem is I can't really find any value number for a pair. I'm looking for some input on how they will sound on a pioneer systemand what would be a fair dollar amount. Any suggestions would be great.I'm using a SX-1250 for the time being but would like to run marantz gearsome day. Thanks

grumpy
01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Early 90's PA cabinet: (2226H 2118H 2404H...)

Should be more efficient than most home speakers; there is at least one fan here :) :

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?27075-Jbl-4730a

musicloud
01-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Sorry I meant JBL 4430s

Hi to all, I'm new here so go easy on me. I'm looking at making my firstreal purchase of a pair of 4430s speakers, they sound great boxes are inexcellent shape. The problem is I can't really find any value number for a pair. I'm looking for some input on how they will sound on a pioneer systemand what would be a fair dollar amount. Any suggestions would be great.I'm using a SX-1250 for the time being but would like to run marantz gearsome day. Thanks

Mr. Widget
01-21-2012, 09:22 PM
The problem is I can't really find any value number for a pair.I haven't priced them in a while, but I think they tend to go in the $750-$1500 range. No doubt some people have paid half that and others twice.

They are nice moderately efficient systems... many on the forum have owned them at one time or another. They are more refined and accurate than some of the more dynamic older systems, and not as refined as other newer systems. For $500 each or less, it would be hard to do better with another speaker.

Hope that helps.

Widget

grumpy
01-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Ah. That's what I'm listening to right now :)

less than 1K if they need any work, probably
more if they don't... They usually need some
attention... L-pads, woofer foam/surround,
Biamp switch cleaning. Just my fiscal opinion...
the market is fickle.