PDA

View Full Version : altet lansing model 18 mantarays

big speaker
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM
hi there jbl fans i have all ways been a jbl nut i have all way had jbl speakers my last pair were l112's i just bought a pair of altec lansing 15'' model 18's the 604 duplex driver fantasic speakers. i am repairing them the owner befor me damage the 16 ohm tweeter i found a place in the state who can supply all gen parts and the case work is being done. they sound fantsic the best speakers ever made.so is jbl and altec lansing the same builders i have been told so many storys may be some one can fill me in thanks

CONVERGENCE
08-27-2011, 05:14 PM
hi there jbl fans i have all ways been a jbl nut i have all way had jbl speakers my last pair were l112's i just bought a pair of altec lansing 15'' model 18's the 604 duplex driver fantasic speakers. i am repairing them the owner befor me damage the 16 ohm tweeter i found a place in the state who can supply all gen parts and the case work is being done. they sound fantsic the best speakers ever made.so is jbl and altec lansing the same builders i have been told so many storys may be some one can fill me in thanks

You should reed this article about John K Hilliard. He was the genious behind it all.Carrington invented the duplex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kenneth_Hilliard

Johnlw7
08-28-2011, 06:23 AM
I just got a pair last week and love them.Original owner cut glass tops.They are keepers for sure and imaging is incredible.I need to get one repaired also.