PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood L08M for my 4312xp

Soundrent
03-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello friends :)
I currently use Harman Kardon HK 3490 on my JBL 4312 boxes and i am very very pleased with the sound but many of my friends who are much more into Hi-Fi world than me, say that my speakers deserve a better quality amp and i believe them :)
One interesting offer that i got are the Kenwood L08M mono blocks, seller says they are in mint condition. Take a look http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Mono-blokovi-strogi-HIGH-END-567224-oglas.htm

Some thoughts on this combination and experiences with this amp would be very helpful :) I found some info on them on the net and it seems that they are very high quality blocks, but few things are bothering me.
Do i need to refresh them with new capacitors because they are quite old?
If they have some problem some day, can i find parts for it and repair them?

If the thoughts are positive in general, than i would take a trip to seller and take a look and listen to it.
Btw i think i can get them for 500-600 euros both :)

brutal
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Hello friends :)
I currently use Harman Kardon HK 3490 on my JBL 4312 boxes and i am very very pleased with the sound but many of my friends who are much more into Hi-Fi world than me, say that my speakers deserve a better quality amp and i believe them :)
One interesting offer that i got are the Kenwood L08M mono blocks, seller says they are in mint condition. Take a look http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Mono-blokovi-strogi-HIGH-END-567224-oglas.htm

Some thoughts on this combination and experiences with this amp would be very helpful :) I found some info on them on the net and it seems that they are very high quality blocks, but few things are bothering me.
Do i need to refresh them with new capacitors because they are quite old?
If they have some problem some day, can i find parts for it and repair them?

If the thoughts are positive in general, than i would take a trip to seller and take a look and listen to it.
Btw i think i can get them for 500-600 euros both :)

You might want to look around on Audiokarma.org about Kenwood monoblocks. I understand some of the models are very unreliable without extensive re-work and updates.

Rolf
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I have never heard (or seen) the L08, but I have owned the L07 and the L09. This was in the late 70's/Early 80's. At that time they was quite good, but I don't believe they live up to todays standards of Hi-End.

I suggest getting something newer and better.

Soundrent
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Thank you for your suggestions :) I think i'm going to stick to something newer ;)