PDA

View Full Version : K2 S5800 and K2 S9800SE on sale

Pages : 1 [2]

HCSGuy
03-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Array 800 Bobbleheads

If you tap the woofer, sawdust puffs out through the hole, so the threaded insert goes all the way through to the woofer cabinet - I will pull the woofer this weekend and see what I can put together - I have some ideas but no time.

Dude... I'm confused... Why these when you have what you have? :blink:

These are the first pair of new JBL's I've purchased since L7's for my father in '93 - thought I'd see what a modern, packaged JBL sounds like - next to these the newest JBL's I have are Ti2K's. Besides, with a subwoofer, don't they seem like the perfect office speaker? I'm hoping they image well - I was so preoccupied with the damage I didn't listen to them and proceeded straight to disassembly.

Plus, I got jealous - everybody else is buying new speakers, why can't I? :p

Lastly, I just don't have the time to finish the builds that several of you have been helping me with - I realize it's a shame to let awesome drivers lay around, but keeping our employees working is all consuming right now - they tend to get a little testy when they don't get hours, but I'm having fun playing with speakers.

hwirt
03-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Going Going Gone :(

You have searched for: S5800.
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Please use the pulldown menus on the left to find other products by brand or category.

Webmaster was notified

youngho
03-16-2011, 04:23 AM
I believe the emblems are available. Believe it or not, having to peel and replace those badges every time the system got moved was what caused me to pause back when I had the opportunity to buy the $3900 pair of Array 1400s two-years ago. I believe at that time the badges were available at about $35 each. The whole thread is interesting, including comments from two forum members who have since passed, but here's a link to the post with the part number for the 1400 as quoted by JBL: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?23210-Project-Array-1400-in-Va.&p=232392&viewfull=1#post232392

I actually never put the badges or the gasket on my 1400s.

Regarding the inadequate shipping/packaging of the 800s, my guess is that they were meant to be pallet-shipped to Synthesis dealers, not UPS shipped to individual users.

4313B
03-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Lastly, I just don't have the time to finish the builds that several of you have been helping me with - I realize it's a shame to let awesome drivers lay around, but keeping our employees working is all consuming right now - they tend to get a little testy when they don't get hours, but I'm having fun playing with speakers.I totally empathize. My drivers have been sitting idle for years. :banghead: Maybe this summer! :o:

Regarding the inadequate shipping/packaging of the 800s, my guess is that they were meant to be pallet-shipped to Synthesis dealers, not UPS shipped to individual users.True.

Still... it's pretty aggravating to receive busted up product in response to the adrenaline rush of pushing the buy button. You know, like pushing the FOOD button in the maze and getting the electric shock instead.

Mr. Widget
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
You know, like pushing the FOOD button in the maze and getting the electric shock instead.Now that takes me back... the good old days in the maze. :D

Widget

4313B
03-16-2011, 09:27 AM
:p

youngho
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Still... it's pretty aggravating to receive busted up product in response to the adrenaline rush of pushing the buy button. You know, like pushing the FOOD button in the maze and getting the electric shock instead.

Absolutely, I agree. I was just thinking about why the 800 was shipped that way. Mine arrived from the dealer a little loose, but he was able to tighten the bolts.

hwirt
03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
This may be of interest to Vettedrummer & Washnak and others, it's a German review of the K5-S5800. The translation is a bit difficult to understand but the review is positive.

Check it out:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/jbl_k2_s5800.shtml&ei=EDuBTbbuN4mKuAPlpfXXBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CE8Q7gEwBzgy&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djbl%2Bk2%2Bs9800%26start%3D50%26hl%3D en%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26prmd%3Divns

vettedrummer
03-18-2011, 01:58 PM
OK, I've got it all in order now. I actually got to speak to this Scott guy that I have been emailing with since my speakers got here. He really does exist.
This phone call put everything in order. Emails just don't cut it and neither does talking to India.
My replacement speaker is sitting at the Detroit terminal waiting for a Monday delivery date. If it's the same driver I had out here the first time he said he will wait for me to unpack the speaker and if all is well he'll haul away the cloudy one which is all packed up and ready to go.
JBL/Harman really have been very nice about all of this If only people would still talk and not email, things would work so much better.
I did have to pay for this replacement speaker to be shipped here before they pick up the cloudy one, but heck I offered to do that from the get go. My credit card credit will happen once the speaker gets back to Atlanta,GA. So it looks like it will all work out just as long as the replacement is in great condition. Since it has no horn mounted on top of it it could just happen! Ok I just wanted to bring everyone up to speed. I'll be back with"THE REST OF THE STORY" as Paul Harvey used to say. Cheers, Frank

vettedrummer
03-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Hello, OK, it's here and it is just as perfect as the other one. Now I have a perfect matched set and I'm happy! I must admit I was worried about what they were going to send me, but JBL didn't let me down and now I hope they pick up the cloudy one. The driver today had no paperwork to take it with him so I said I would just wait until he did. He did stay around until I got the new one unpacked and examined. So this is the end of my story. I can now sit back and enjoy the S5800. I sure wish they would blow out a Project Array 1500 sub woofer. In the wood tone finish of course. Not that the 5800 need one I just want one. Now I've got to sell some more stuff to finish paying off the S5800. Next on the block is a set of SVA1800's. Cheers, Frank

tom1040
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Great news.

4313B
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes, that's great news. :)

hwirt
03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Hello, OK, it's here and it is just as perfect as the other one. Now I have a perfect matched set and I'm happy! Cheers, Frank

Great news Frank, sit back and enjoy...

hjames
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Awesome!! So - you have 2 perfect ones now - very cool ... congrats!
Can you use the 3rd for center channel duty until they come for it ?:applaud:

JeffW
03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
If the stars align, I may be pulling a Harman rabbit out of a hat in a day or two. I got a birthday coming up :cheers: and I like presents.

Unless I get the :montyp:

JBLAddict
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
. So this is the end of my story.

unless of course you want to expand a bit on your listening experience, wink wink :bouncy:

JeffW
03-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Well, it was :montyp:

1audiohack
03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
That really sucks!

Mr. Widget
03-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Damn!

Widget

4313B
03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Call her up and tell her you need a new one. SSDD.

JeffW
03-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Don't worry :D

This one was busted before it was packed. It was in a cocoon of expanding foam bags and the box wasn't beat up at all. The pic doesn't really show it, but you can tell that it's been banged hard right at the point where the crack starts, plus there's another sharp dent right on the edge of the basket flange at another spot. No way that happened through inches of foam.

hjames
03-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't worry :D

This one was busted before it was packed. It was in a cocoon of expanding foam bags and the box wasn't beat up at all. The pic doesn't really show it, but you can tell that it's been banged hard right at the point where the crack starts, plus there's another sharp dent right on the edge of the basket flange at another spot. No way that happened through inches of foam.

Wow, that's really nuts for it to be broken like that and some dummy either didn't look at it well, or just shipped it anyway

Sorry to hear about that.

vettedrummer
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I've spent a great deal of time listening to the S5800 now and I really love the sound that they are putting out. They are so much more detailed than the 250Ti speakers. Not that the 250's are bad sounding. It's just that the S5800 allow me to hear things I never ever heard with the 250Ti's. Little sounds that happen in the studio such as the sounds a bass makes when the strings are touched. My pal out in California, Washnak, who got a pair as well feels the same way. They are without a doubt the best sounding speakers that I have ever had here in the house. The Project Array 1000's that I got last spring can't even touch these 5800's. I've heard the 1400's as well and the bass is no where near as fast as it is with these. The two 12's in the 5800's more air so much better than the 14' in the PA1000 or even the 9800. it just stands to reason the larger woofer can't be as fast as two 12's working together and just can't move as much air. Yes, for the money these were the deal of the century. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on them and Washnak keeps thanking me for pointing him in their direction. Everyone should save up just in case JBL/Harman decides to blow out the Everest 66000 sometime soon. Cheers, Frank

Titanium Dome
03-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Good news, Frank! Glad you're enjoying them so much.

Of course, I'm not pleased to hear you bashing my favorite 14" driver (LE14H-x)! :bash: Then you bash the 1000 Array, the 1400 Array, and go after the S9800! :banghead: Finally, you attack the Holy of Holies with a re-trash of the 250Ti!!! :eek: :die:

I can only forgive you because A) your'e right about everything (except possibly the 1400 Array--I haven't made that comparison), B) you're a fellow Michigander, and C) you didn't trash my K2 S9900s (yet) with their single 15" driver similar to the S9800. :skeptical: :scold:

Of course, I'm kidding. Your observations are correct in the context of what you own and have heard, and I'm glad you're undeterred in being both honest and respectful in your comments. Some day when I'm back in the Motor City I'll PM you for a listen if you allow. :)

4313B
03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
The two 12's in the 5800's more air so much better than the 14' in the PA1000 or even the 9800. it just stands to reason the larger woofer can't be as fast as two 12's working together and just can't move as much air.The 1200FE's are killer drivers. They incorporate all the latest goodies. I'm glad you like them.

Of course, I'm not pleased to hear you bashing my favorite 14" driver (LE14H-x)! :bash: Then you bash the 1000 Array, the 1400 Array, and go after the S9800! :banghead: Finally, you attack the Holy of Holies with a re-trash of the 250Ti!!! :eek: :die::rotfl:

I can only forgive you because A) your'e right about everything (except possibly the 1400 Array--I haven't made that comparison), B) you're a fellow Michigander, and C) you didn't trash my K2 S9900s (yet) with their single 15" driver similar to the S9800. :skeptical: :scold:

And.. OMG! Blue Blows! Red Rocks! :D

Titanium Dome
03-26-2011, 05:24 PM
The 1200FE's are killer drivers. They incorporate all the latest goodies. I'm glad you like them.
:rotfl:

And.. OMG! Blue Blows! Red Rocks! :D

:rotfl: Hey, living near Toledo, you know it's not quite that simple, closer to Ann Arbor and all that. Growing up there during the Bo and Woody days, it was a lot easier to like Michigan than OSU. After that, it was kind of hard to get excited anymore. Blue does blow, but Red...meh.

The only color I took out of Ohio with me was orange, as seen in the top two boxes. Still have those first two JBLs and of course the last two: K2.

JeffW
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Lol, I finally had to break down and buy a storage shed just to store empty boxes in.

4313B
03-26-2011, 06:09 PM
:rotfl: Hey, living near Toledo, you know it's not quite that simple, closer to Ann Arbor and all that. Growing up there during the Bo and Woody days, it was a lot easier to like Michigan than OSU. After that, it was kind of hard to get excited anymore. Blue does blow, but Red...meh.

The only color I took out of Ohio with me was orange, as seen in the top two boxes. Still have those first two JBLs and of course the last two: K2.Yeah my sister in law lives in Ann Arbor and she taught my son to say Go Blue as soon as he could talk. He has the hat and t-shirt too. :rolleyes:

Orange is good, JBL's, mice, rats...

Lol, I finally had to break down and buy a storage shed just to store empty boxes in.Good Grief! :rotfl:

JBLAddict
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah my sister in law lives in Ann Arbor and she taught my son to say Go Blue as soon as he could talk. He has the hat and t-shirt too. :rolleyes:

Orange is good, JBL's, mice, rats...
Good Grief! :rotfl:

Yes, Orange (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/IllinoisFightingIllini.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thesportsbank.net/illinois-illini/illini-take-down-salukis-win-game-they-should-have/&usg=__2NEEv6SWI_564XQOxdpSO38Gu0o=&h=304&w=300&sz=23&hl=en&start=1&sig2=2wNnoqbG-GuLFanwWx2kGg&zoom=1&tbnid=uDJ-oaNUVX4xuM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=114&ei=9ZKOTaKbF4-50QG8tOW2Cw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dillini%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26 biw%3D1280%26bih%3D601%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1)is good

tom1040
03-30-2011, 05:33 AM
I've spent a great deal of time listening to the S5800 now and I really love the sound that they are putting out. They are so much more detailed than the 250Ti speakers. Not that the 250's are bad sounding. It's just that the S5800 allow me to hear things I never ever heard with the 250Ti's. Little sounds that happen in the studio such as the sounds a bass makes when the strings are touched. My pal out in California, Washnak, who got a pair as well feels the same way. They are without a doubt the best sounding speakers that I have ever had here in the house. The Project Array 1000's that I got last spring can't even touch these 5800's. I've heard the 1400's as well and the bass is no where near as fast as it is with these. The two 12's in the 5800's more air so much better than the 14' in the PA1000 or even the 9800. it just stands to reason the larger woofer can't be as fast as two 12's working together and just can't move as much air. Yes, for the money these were the deal of the century. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on them and Washnak keeps thanking me for pointing him in their direction. Everyone should save up just in case JBL/Harman decides to blow out the Everest 66000 sometime soon. Cheers, Frank

When I added the 1500 Array sub to my 1400's, it increased the thunderous bass response already present. Now, being driven by Marantz MA9S2 monoblocks, the bass is tighter, cleaner, faster and as deep as I want it.:bouncy:

However, I wish I could listen to the K2's. For some reason I suspect they ARE better. I do believe you got a hell of a deal.:applaud:

timc
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
However, I wish I could listen to the K2's. For some reason I suspect they ARE better. I do believe you got a hell of a deal.:applaud:

I'll add some salt to the wound. The K2's are quite a bit better when it comes to accuracy in the bass. However, i suspect quite a few, will prefer the more forgiving sound of the 435Al over the 435Be/476Be. I have not yet heard the 476Mg. Hoping to audition them this summer.

JeffW
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Unless I miss my guess, the 1400 Array and K2S5800 both use the 435AL.

Mr. Widget
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Unless I miss my guess, the 1400 Array and K2S5800 both use the 435AL.:yes:

I'd guess the dual 1200FE woofers do have an edge over the heavy coned LE14H-3, but that fat cow of a woofer has a mighty pleasant sound. :)

As for the rest of it, the drivers are the same and the networks are of similar sophistication. Then again the K2-S5800 is charge coupled... but the horns on the Array are better, the aesthetics of the K2-S5800 is nicer... :blah:

At the end of the day, you won't be in too bad of shape with either system.

Widget

hwirt
03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
When I added the 1500 Array sub to my 1400's, it increased the thunderous bass response already present. Now, being driven by Marantz MA9S2 monoblocks, the bass is tighter, cleaner, faster and as deep as I want it.:bouncy:

I probably mentioned before that my original intention for a speaker upgrade was to purchase a pair of Array 1400’s. There was a pair for sale in upstate New York about two years ago, the price was a lot more than I was willing to spend at the time. Went and listened to them at the seller’s home, and was really impressed. His price in hindsight was fair but firm. At the time I had no idea what the Array 1400 was being so new so I passed on that opportunity.

About a year ago traveled to Audio Classics in Vestal NY with a friend to help him pick up some gear, got there about 10 AM and had some time to kill so checked out the showrooms. Low and behold a pair of 1400 Array’s sitting there, asked the salesman for a demo. He hooked them up to a McIntosh MC 602 (600 watt per channel amp) and let them play for a better part of an hour selecting tracks from the Mac music server. I was convinced that this was the speaker I needed. Went back to Audio Classics about two weeks later and gave them a listen again and of coarse they still sounded great. The asking price was a lot more that the offer I passed up a year earlier and with tax was about the list price. Decided to patiently wait for a gently used pair and budgeted about $6000.00 in reserve for the transaction when the opportunity arose.

To get to my point, I’m very familiar with the great sound of the 1400 Arrays. When the offer became available from Harman to purchase the K2’s a few weeks ago I decided to over spend my budget and purchase the K29800SE’s. Hearing both speakers at length I have to say that the 9800’s beat the 1400’s by a comfortable margin. The bass is much more accurate and clean; delineating each note in a way the 1400 could not. The midrange and high frequencies are more open and effortless and produce a more defined stereo image. This should be no surprise considering the price differential. Others have stated differing opinions, this is mine. I’m very satisfied with my purchase and really enjoying my new speakers.

timc
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Unless I miss my guess, the 1400 Array and K2S5800 both use the 435AL.

Sorry. should have stated that i was referring to the S9800.

4313B
03-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Hearing both speakers at length I have to stay that the 9800’s beat the 1400’s by a comfortable margin. The bass is much more accurate and clean; delineating each note in a way the 1400 could not. There's a forty year difference between the LE14 and 1500.

richluvsound
03-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Like a child thats just dropped all his candy on the ground, I still want to stamp up and down when I remember having to sell my 1500's without ever have had the chance to use them ....

Maybe some day there will be a pair around to coincide with a healthy back account

Rich

martin_wu99
03-31-2011, 02:32 AM
K2S5800 sold out?or still available?:blink:

hwirt
03-31-2011, 05:56 AM
K2S5800 sold out?or still available?:blink:

Sold Out! Sorry..:( :

Valentin
03-31-2011, 08:16 AM
a does K25800 are killers

but well i have the arrays and i am happy with them .

told you sow

Mr. Widget
03-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Like a child thats just dropped all his candy on the ground, I still want to stamp up and down when I remember having to sell my 1500's without ever have had the chance to use them .... I know EXACTLY what you mean!

I had three pairs of 1500ALs... they were taking up a lot of room and I didn't have an immediate use for them... now I wish I had held onto them. At least I did get to use a pair and can really appreciate what a truly magnificent woofer they are.

That said, that tired old LE14 design might be a bit wooly and not the last degree of detail and definition, but I maintain it does sound pretty sweet too. :D

Widget

timc
03-31-2011, 11:59 AM
That said, that tired old LE14 design might be a bit wooly and not the last degree of detail and definition, but I maintain it does sound pretty sweet too. :D

Widget

Very true. Compared to most other manufacturers it kicks ass.

Titanium Dome
03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
It's my favorite 14" driver. :blink:

:D

4313B
03-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Very true. Compared to most other manufacturers it kicks ass.Exactly.

hwirt
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM
The1500 AL is an enigma; sounds like a much smaller faster woofer until a loud bass transient bursts out and rocks you in your chair. And you say wow! that is a 15 inch woofer.

The LE14 is now my second favorite woofer, but as timc says "Compared to most other manufacturers it kicks ass." And will continue to kick ass for a long time.

richluvsound
03-31-2011, 02:54 PM
I think its fair to say they have made some world class woofers...... I guess we just have to slum it with

TAD now :D

tom1040
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM

The LE14-3 is my favorite. However, I think it needs a good amp behind it to really bring out the gold. I think I have aquired such amplification. The woofer in the 1500 Array is no slouch either.

Together? The presentation is sublime.

However, the Arrays were built to a price point. The K2's SHOULD kick the Arrays ass.

Again, to the ones who pulled the trigger on these deals:::: Great Investment.

Me? I am happy-w/the equipment & with the fact my wife has kicked cancer in the ass!

Slare
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM

I see what you did there.

Dawgmatix
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
I dont login for a month or two and miss this!! Sigh, I wish JBL has other warehouses lying around with many goodies inside.

Titanium Dome
03-31-2011, 08:55 PM

I see what you did there.

Yes, I was trying to be clever as there are very few 14" drivers around. :)

Having written that, I will add that I prefer the LE14H-1 over the 15" drivers in my Synthesis® S2S subs, but the plain fact is the S2S subs are only covering from 40 Hz on down, so they don't need to compete with the LE14-H-x above 100 Hz where it shows how verstaile it is.

timc
04-01-2011, 12:39 AM
For my money, the 1200Fe is the best woofer i have tried.

I think it slightly outperforms the 1500Al in the midrange (200-800Hz).

So 1200Fe first, VERY closely followed by the 1500Al. Not really sure what to put in third place. The LE14-h3 is very good, but i have heard great performance from a few other manufacturers as well, like Beyma and Tannoy. Guess the jury is still out on third place.

pos
04-01-2011, 02:09 AM

So 1200Fe first
You should try a TAD TM1201 in that range then :D
(together with a 2245 for the 30-200 range...)

richluvsound
04-01-2011, 03:09 AM
I can imagine a field coil lower mid could be very articulate .

Pos , which one of the TAD 15's is underhung ?

Guido
04-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Pos , which one of the TAD 15's is underhung ?

It's not a question for me but I'll answer anyway.
The only underhung TAD's are the Reference One woofers. These are 10" though :(

Guido
04-01-2011, 04:10 AM

So 1200Fe first, VERY closely followed by the 1500Al. Not really sure what to put in third place. The LE14-h3 is very good, but i have heard great performance from a few other manufacturers as well, like Beyma and Tannoy. Guess the jury is still out on third place.

DON'T FORGET the 1400ND. A wonderful woofer.
Oh and there was a ME150 also....

timc
04-01-2011, 04:27 AM
You should try a TAD TM1201 in that range then :D
(together with a 2245 for the 30-200 range...)

Maybe, but the TM is not a woofer. At least not in the same sense as the 1200Fe.

I just wanted to point out that below 200Hz, the 1500Al leaps way ahead.

-Tim

timc
04-01-2011, 04:28 AM

Unfortunately i don't have any experience with these :(

richluvsound
04-01-2011, 05:21 AM

My 2234 has gotten very nimble in the past few weeks. I'm just dreaming about my next project .

I would have asked you if I'd known you were having a lazy day off work .... :)

Rich

pos
04-01-2011, 05:54 AM
It's not a question for me but I'll answer anyway.
Good thing, because I had no idea :)

The TM1201 has a long VC (and 4" large), which at least is good to reduce power compression.

I just wanted to point out that below 200Hz, the 1500Al leaps way ahead.I am wondering if the 2245 would not be better still in that range...
But then in the 220/300L required for a 2245H you could put a pair of 1500AL...

I had a pair of ME150H and decided to replace them with a pair of 2245H+TM1201H some time ago. It requires additional filtering and bigger boxes, but I found it a valuable move.

4313B
04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Has anyone compared the K2-S9900 with the L300 or 4333 to see first hand how far JBL has come with the 15-inch 3-way over the last thirty years? (Just in case there is anyone who is unaware, the same engineer designed all three systems.)

Seriously though, the 1500AL, 1500AL-1 and 1501AL are the cream of the crop. They have no peers across their bandwidth. They cost roughly three to four times as much as any of the other JBL drivers mentioned and for good reason. I think it's a crying shame that they are so hard to obtain. Everyone should have access to a pair.

"If I had it all to do over again I would just use the 1500AL underneath the vertical horn and call it a day."

1500AL, 1500AL-1 or 1501AL and BE loaded SAM1HF for the win!

Another less expensive option would be the 1501FE with its new cloth surround. "It has a real nice slam to it. I'd like to do an AL version."

JeffW
04-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Another less expensive option would be the 1501FE with its new cloth surround. "It has a real nice slam to it. I'd like to do an AL version."

Less expensive maybe, but you better be young if you expect to use it in this lifetime :applaud:

martin_wu99
04-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Sold Out! Sorry..:( :

Who did this?:banghead:
Why not left only one pair for me?:crying:
When till i get the similar chance?:confused:

hjames
04-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Who did this?:banghead:
Why not left only one pair for me?:crying:
When till i get the similar chance?:confused:

You didn't jump when the sales were flying ...

Or Mgmt didn't offer it in your market ...

Once the offering is made - POUNCE - else the moment be lost!

martin_wu99
04-03-2011, 04:52 AM
You didn't jump when the sales were flying ...

Or Mgmt didn't offer it in your market ...

Once the offering is made - POUNCE - else the moment be lost!
I wish i could catch 435Be 467Be/Mg drivers when issue in new JBL :D :p

hjames
04-03-2011, 04:56 AM
I wish i could catch 435Be 467Be/Mg drivers when issue in new JBL :D :p

If wishes were fishes you could join Ashly for the fish and chips festival ...
but since they aren't, probably best to find something with more reality to it.

moparfan
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
A couple hundred more expensive.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=S5800-Z&status= (http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=S5800-Z&status=)

hjames
07-26-2012, 02:38 PM
A couple hundred more expensive.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=S5800-Z&status= (http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=S5800-Z&status=)

Certainly nice that its reduced from $9,000 each!
At just under $7,500 a pair its less than retail was for one!

Original Price: $9,000.00
$3,748.40 /Each

K2 S5800 (Walnut Grain)
Mfg Model: S5800-Z
*Factory Reconditioned* 3-Way, Dual 12-Inch Floorstanding Speaker

edgewound
07-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Certainly nice that its reduced from $9,000 each!
At just under $7,500 a pair its less than retail was for one!

Original Price: $9,000.00
$3,748.40 /Each

K2 S5800 (Walnut Grain)
Mfg Model: S5800-Z
*Factory Reconditioned* 3-Way, Dual 12-Inch Floorstanding Speaker

Nothing like sticking the knife in the dealer network and giving a nice, slow twist. Great deal for some lucky buyer...if it survives shipping.

hjames
07-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Nothing like sticking the knife in the dealer network and giving a nice, slow twist.
Great deal for some lucky buyer...if it survives shipping.

Yep - you do have to wonder what the heck is going on ...
who gets the Harmin' next?

Mr. Widget
07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Nothing like sticking the knife in the dealer network and giving a nice, slow twist. Great deal for some lucky buyer...if it survives shipping.Those speakers aren't even on my "B Stock" price sheet. There have been lot's of goodies on the close out list for the past several months, some amazing deals that I couldn't pass up, and some great deals I've been able to pass along... but not these. I wonder where they are coming from?

Widget

edgewound
07-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Those speakers aren't even on my "B Stock" price sheet. There have been lot's of goodies on the close out list for the past several months, some amazing deals that I couldn't pass up, and some great deals I've been able to pass along... but not these. I wonder where they are coming from?

Widget

Maybe there's only one. No quantity available indicated.

edgewound
07-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Yep - you do have to wonder what the heck is going on ...
who get the Harmin' next?

Harman's future isn't really focused on the US. Think India and China and a market of 3 billion... and growing... people. Infotainment.

speakerdave
07-27-2012, 09:36 AM
. . . . who gets the Harmin' next?:)

edgewound
07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
This is what Harman is focusing on....or should I say? This is Harman's main focus...

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/07/harman-gestures/

4313B
07-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Harman's future isn't really focused on the US. Think India and China and a market of 3 billion... and growing... people. Infotainment.Maybe if Harman was in the FOOD business there would be a market. Quite frankly, I don't give those folks over there a snow ball's chance in hell for long term viability.

youngho
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe there's only one. No quantity available indicated.

Only one. There was an ad on eBay from Harman for three at $4700 each, but two of those were sold.

moparfan
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Only one. There was an ad on eBay from Harman for three at $4700 each, but two of those were sold.

If it is just one, recall that the earlier poster in this thread had to send on back for finishing issues. Maybe that was one of the three.