PDA

View Full Version : Advent 5002s

Krunchy
01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Guys!

I found a set of these out on the curb when I was Trick or Treating with the kids this past Halloween & decided to adopt them. After doing some research on them I learned that they are supposed to be a decent little speaker especially for the price that they sold for, all in all they seem to be pretty well regarded. I fugured they might make a nice addition to the garage, especially since there is nothing in there at the present moment.

They seem in ok shape 'cept for needing new surrounds, which I got from Rick C. Unfortunately one of them also needs a new tweeter fuse housing as the cap is missing. The fuse is a Buss AGC 1 1/2, 250 volt fuse, I would be looking to install new housings on both speakers since the one that is there is kind of sketchy as far as contact. I put a signal through and they actually sound pretty decent and I have not done the refoam on them yet.

My question is, do you guys know where I might be able to get a new fuse housing set up to get these going again. I dont necessarily want to replace them original/vintage ones if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,

K

Sorry about the size guys :o:, I know Seawolf mentioned what the ideal size is for these pictures to fit propperly was,
if you could remind me of the dimensions I will update the photos. Thanks!

MikeBrewster77
01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
There's a bunch of talk over on AK about these, but no one seems to have had any luck finding replacements.

Perhaps one of these would work for you: http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=233&CFID=14543373&CFTOKEN=64786688

Krunchy
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Mike!
Thank you, a couple of them seem like they just might do the trick, they certainly are cheap enough. The first one actually might be just right, I just have to confirm that it will house the 1 1/4"x1/4" fuse. I'll see if I can find the thread over at AK just to see what they are saying about these. ;)

Udate:
I spoke to a tech over at Parts X & he suggested the AGC bayonet fuseholder #070-630 with a set of fast blow fuses #071-647.
Let you know how they work out. Thanks again.