PDA

View Full Version : I need a amp to run my just fixed JBL 4311WX speakers........What can you suggest?

ctguy1955
12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I just found out today that my speakers like 75 watts to run ok. My radio shack STA-21 amp says 100 watts so I figured 50 would be fine. Turns out instead of being just a two channel, it has other speakers so that im only getting 7 watts per channel. I stopped using it as my 40 watt marantz 2245 was what blew my speakers from underpowering to begin with.

Im looking at amps and its really bad how all this MONO Bridge crap is coming up, or they are rating them for 4 ohms and what they say is a 240 watt amp ends up really being
25 watts instead at 8 ohms.

So please tell me what my best bet is for using these without ruining them again?

150 watts RMS, two channel only, I would think would be my best bet........

Do I look for old kenmore or sansui or go to guitar center and look for used live dj amps,
as I dont need a radio, I just want to power my speakers and have one 1/8" input jack.

The PYLE amps were so bad in their rating system, but the price was nice.

Thanks for help

hjames
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
i just found out today that my speakers like 75 watts to run ok. My radio shack sta-21 amp says 100 watts so i figured 50 would be fine. Turns out instead of being just a two channel, it has other speakers so that im only getting 7 watts per channel. I stopped using it as my 40 watt marantz 2245 was what blew my speakers from underpowering to begin with.

Im looking at amps and its really bad how all this mono bridge crap is coming up, or they are rating them for 4 ohms and what they say is a 240 watt amp ends up really being
25 watts instead at 8 ohms.

So please tell me what my best bet is for using these without ruining them again?

150 watts rms, two channel only, i would think would be my best bet........

Do i look for old kenmore or sansui or go to guitar center and look for used live dj amps,
as i dont need a radio, i just want to power my speakers and have one 1/8" input jack.

The pyle amps were so bad in their rating system, but the price was nice.

Thanks for help
please just post your question once!
Then wait for a reply