PDA

View Full Version : Can you front mount a 604e?

beuoy
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I've been looking for a enclosure to build for a 604e and have had 620s and Stonehenge suggested. From what I see these have to be front mounted like the 8G and the 604e is rear mounted.

I'm sure I'm missing something here but I would rather not build something then find out it's a dud.

Progneta
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I see no one has responded to this, but I would say no. The 604e has spines on the back of the outer frame which would prohibit this mount.

If possible build a 620 cab with the back open and mount it that way. The cork should go against the wood to make the seal.

I would recommend the 620 cab, I use it for all my 604s! When properly braced it is very nice. Bracing makes a big difference!

beuoy
11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I see no one has responded to this, but I would say no. The 604e has spines on the back of the outer frame which would prohibit this mount.

If possible build a 620 cab with the back open and mount it that way. The cork should go against the wood to make the seal.

I would recommend the 620 cab, I use it for all my 604s! When properly braced it is very nice. Bracing makes a big difference!

Thank you much for your response. Should I compensate for the reduced cabinet volume due to the speaker being mounted 3/4" + the depth of the speaker frame deeper in the enclosure? This seems like a significant volume loss in the cabinet.

I could always make the baffle removable and mounted a 1/4" farther out front or so. It's been too long since I've tried to find the volume of a circle.:eek: