PDA

View Full Version : A MUST SEE! Woofers To Die For. INFO PLEASE!

hifiguy9
07-20-2010, 05:33 AM
Hi folks. It has been awhile since I posted and I thought I would return here and share something with everyone that I acquired recently at an estate sale for $50.00 and ask for information if anyone knows about them. I was able to acquire these vintage 1930's ???? Jensen PMJ-18 Permanent Magnet Auditorium 18" Speakers from the home of a deceased gentleman that once worked for Powel Crolsey of WLW Radio fame. These woofers were in home brew cabinets installed in the wall on each side of the fireplace mantle and he had all his audio and an organ playing through them along with a leslie style rotating speaker. These babies weigh 67 pounds each on my bathroom scale which is probably why they have handles built on them. I listed them on ebay with my phone number attached and started getting calls immediately with offers any where from $1,500 to $7,000 from asian speaking people to end the auction, so I relisted the auction with a starting bid of $7,000 and there is at present one bidder. I will try and attach a pic and if anyone can give me information I would be much obliged because the internet has nothing about them.

Audiobeer
07-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Maybe Steve will pipe in, He's the resident expert on the older stuff.