PDA

View Full Version : Name A/V companies manufacturing in country of origin

Titanium Dome
04-25-2010, 12:37 PM
With the recent hubbub over where JBLs have been manufactured/are being manufactured/will be manufactured, there seems to be interest in finding out which companies still produce a significant part of their products in the country where they were founded and/or are headquartered. This is the place to start such a compendium.

In the interest of avoiding an all-USA focus, this can apply to French companies still manufacturing in France, Korean companies still manufacturing in Korea, etc.

Please keep political, ethnic, and economic theory out of this thread. That's not the point.

Titanium Dome
04-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Like my trusted old brand Soundcraftsmen of Santa Ana, CA used to put on nearly everything it sold "Made in U.S.A.", the ATI company in Montebello, CA is able to make a similar claim today, though I'm sure many of the parts come from other places.

Amplifier Technologies, Inc. or ATI makes a wide range of amps and processors under its own brand and for other manufacturers. For example, all the JBL Synthesis® amps in my recent install are ATI manufactured for JBL. They are incredible beasts to be sure, and the quality is outstanding.

So there's my first entry, and it's a good one. Check it out.

http://www.ati-amp.com/

JBLAddict
04-25-2010, 04:41 PM
With the recent hubbub over where JBLs have been manufactured/are being manufactured/will be manufactured, there seems to be interest in finding out which companies still produce a significant part of their products in the country where they were founded and/or are headquartered. This is the place to start such a compendium.

In the interest of avoiding an all-USA focus, this can apply to French companies still manufacturing in France, Korean companies still manufacturing in Korea, etc.

Please keep political, ethnic, and economic theory out of this thread. That's not the point.

already, let's get this one started, and would like to say that if someone has input prefer it be from having some sort of first hand proof, not conjecture of any kind

Hoerninger
06-09-2010, 08:12 AM
... companies still produce a significant part of their products in the country where they were founded and/or are headquartered. This is the place to start such a compendium.
It is easier to find a small factory.
Handmade in Germany - BURMESTER (http://www.burmester.de/de/audiosysteme/index.php?content=index&cnavid=1&objCoreXmlList0=1) (audio only)
But where do all the parts come from ...

Please keep political, ethnic, and economic theory out of this thread.
... although it would have been very tempting.

SEAWOLF97
06-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I dont buy A/V components anymore and just ASSUME that it all (in my price range) comes from Ch1na (which isn't always a bad thing) ...did buy some Shure IEM's that were C-made and the quality , fit & finish was first rate.

My a/d/s towers were marked "made in USA" , but the cabs were German and drivers were a Braun design ....My departed JBL powered sub said "made in Canada"...the now smoked amp inside was made in Ch1na tho. My expected German Sennheisers were actually produced in Ireland ...heck, my old MG had 5 Michelin's (counting spare) , each one came from a different country.

Test rode a new Marin bike yesterday -good old USA brand- , they've found a place even cheaper than Ch1na to manufacture them...Cambodia. :crying: