PDA

View Full Version : To Part or Not to Part ..that is the question

SEAWOLF97
04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
So I have this big "Grundig Majestic" German stereo tube console in storage....I used it until the tubes got too weak. Its the one with a couple of shortwave bands, a turntable , 6 speakers , hidden storage..etc.

I dont have room to use it...see many large consoles selling for not so much. really dont have need for a stereo tube amp.

Borrowed a friends tube tester and every tube showed WEAK

Am I best off parting the thing out or restoring it ( pretty much just means finding a new set of tubes) ??

SORRY ..no pix..its burried too deep , but is vnice condition.

spkrman57
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Which ones do you need, I have a bunch of tubes here and there and might be able to help you out. I think it would be neat to replace the tubes and keep on enjoying it.

What about the caps in the unit, they might need replaced also!

Ron

So I have this big "Grundig Majestic" German stereo tube console in storage....I used it until the tubes got too weak. Its the one with a couple of shortwave bands, a turntable , 6 speakers , hidden storage..etc.

I dont have room to use it...see many large consoles selling for not so much. really dont have need for a stereo tube amp.

Borrowed a friends tube tester and every tube showed WEAK

Am I best off parting the thing out or restoring it ( pretty much just means finding a new set of tubes) ??

SORRY ..no pix..its burried too deep , but is vnice condition.

SEAWOLF97
04-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Which ones do you need, I have a bunch of tubes here and there and might be able to help you out. I think it would be neat to replace the tubes and keep on enjoying it.

What about the caps in the unit, they might need replaced also!

Ron

Thats a nice offer Ron...give me a while to drag it out and take a look...do I need to mark which tube goes where or do the bases only fit in the correct socket ?

midlife
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
To part or not; I put for sale on ebay some L65 Jubals that just didn't impress. Very nice condition, both cosmetic and mechanical, I did not want to disassemble the pair and scatter their components to who knows where. They fetched $650...so if I had to do it over, yes regrettably they would be parted :o: