PDA

View Full Version : Martin Audio at Bournemouth Walkabout

JBL 4645
03-17-2010, 06:10 PM
There was nothing but Martin Audio all around the night club. The manager showed me the DJ booth and unfortunately didn’t bring the key where the main audio rack system house some 20 QSC amps that are about 5 years old all computer controlled and there are many of those now being made by different manufactures like Crown.

I forgot which model Martin Audio but its one step down from the signature series I seem to recall him mentioning.

There are two duel x2 18” subs at the front and 2x single 18” subs placed at the rear.

There are smaller Martin Audio 10” with HF horn, placed in tight smaller corners while opening areas have 12” with HF horn, and the main fronts looked like 15” with HF horn kinder hard to tell with the low level light in the room even during the daytime.

All subs have there own amp as well as all the Martin Audio PA speakers that are located all-around the Walkabout.

The sound system was playing at an ambient level when I was walking around, it was pleasing ambient level I noticed the subs where active when placing my ear near to the floor.

The subs are housed in metal grill to protect them from getting kicked in from drunken idiots guess?

It’s the first time I’ve even been inside it since it opened sometime around the early 2000’s…???

I’d have to pop in at night time, and see how loud it goes with the SPL db meter? As well using ear plugs for protection from the music and noisy crowds!

They also had an LCD video projector with non-perforated screen, looked like 130” rough guess with 17 to 20 feet throw.

Nice lighting rig looked nice thou not active at the time.

JBL 4645
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Neat idea to place a fan right above the projector since its housed inside a box.

You can, or just about make out the sub placed on its side behind the metal grill covering. Looks like its got triangle vent ports?

The manager said they had to relax some of the low end as it tends to be a bit heavy! LOL I can imagine so. Bet the wooden floor shakes a good’n at night time.

:dj-party:

The signal 18” sub placed at the back is slightly on the outside of the main duel 18” in the front.