PDA

View Full Version : Opimax flips the Calendar!

hjames
03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Just wanted to send the finest birthday wishes to Mark, aka Opimax!
Great music and gear, and an all around great guy to know!

Have a good one my friend - we'll have to catch up again soon, its been toooooo long since our last visit!
:applaud:

You can't be a Secret Agin' Man around THIS crowd!

BMWCCA
03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
All the best from me, too!

I bought myself the 4345s for my B'day last year. What'd you get? ;)

SEAWOLF97
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
:presents::birthday::useless:

hjames
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
:presents::birthday::useless:

Okay, because you insisted - behold - the Opi-MAX!

opimax
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I was going to say something nice here til I saw that aweful picture :barf:

I met my "friend" Sharon for happy hour for a nice beverage, metro home, had at least another beverage while enjoying many basketball ballgames especially the one with a turtle taking down a a blue devil :D:D:applaud:

Thank you

Mark

I did buy a set of speakers this week made by an out of business company of which I have the 2nd most amount of speakers fromdq-16s for 100 plus shipping. And to top off everything a brand new still in business company Zoeller 53 sump pump, WAHOO!!!

bigyank
03-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Mark, Happy Birthday......I saw those speakers! :D

John

JBL 4645
03-04-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/birthday.gifopimax You look really cool in that picture above. :D party on dude.:)

opimax
03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Thx, with my dead roses in the background, drink in hand and dressed like a pig even for me? you are too kind!

hjames
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Thx, with my dead roses in the background, drink in habd and dressed like a pig even for me? you are too kind!
Boo! Its not bad at all - I would have cropped the picture
but that would have meant cutting down the speakers -
and I don't think anyone here would approve of that!

opimax
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
HJ, nor seriously worried about the picture, although there aren't too many on the web, might be my worst but I doubt I will lose a job over it lol
Maybe somebody on this site who likes to play w/pictures, say from across the pond, would like to have fun with it, couldn't be any worse!

John, the DQs appear to be big brothers of some I have in a closet that have incorrect woofers and no grills. Looks like they are the same but bigger box similar to l1 and l3. Maybe get all 4 correct when done

I am really enjoying the sump pump though....WAHOO

thx all

Mark

svollmer
03-05-2010, 07:59 AM
And to top off everything a brand new still in business company Zoeller 53 sump pump, WAHOO!!!

Okay, I'm late (AGAIN :banghead:) wishing a DC area friend a happy birthday. As a high-fi buddy, let me wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!

As a plumber, congratulations on the Zoeller pump. WAAAAAY better than the cheap plastic pumps sold at Home Depot! Good choice! :bouncy:

opimax
03-05-2010, 12:51 PM
If I use the Zoeller like for like, unbolt, bolt in new one. I have not done that well with them as I expected. Switches go out, repair switch didn't last at all. I need another sump and my Wayne battery emergency unit above this one has gone bad too, motor slow, blows fuses. Earlier last week out of 3 sump pumps 3 had problems. The one replaced though was a good one and original from about 1990.

So I need another 53, I can find them for about 125 shipped, don't know If I can just the pump unit for the Wayne set up yet. when we got the emergency pump we didn't have a generator set up that I can attach to the hopuse as I do now so it isn't as critical as it used to be.

I am feeling the need for Bass Traps, Wilfredo called yesterday about making some, so something should be happening at some point :) :). Duane came by and played some, thinks something along that line is needed too I give in :)

And thx for the wishes

svollmer
03-07-2010, 03:59 AM
If I use the Zoeller like for like, unbolt, bolt in new one. I have not done that well with them as I expected. Switches go out, repair switch didn't last at all. I need another sump and my Wayne battery emergency unit above this one has gone bad too, motor slow, blows fuses. Earlier last week out of 3 sump pumps 3 had problems. The one replaced though was a good one and original from about 1990.

So I need another 53, I can find them for about 125 shipped, don't know If I can just the pump unit for the Wayne set up yet. when we got the emergency pump we didn't have a generator set up that I can attach to the hopuse as I do now so it isn't as critical as it used to be.

I am feeling the need for Bass Traps, Wilfredo called yesterday about making some, so something should be happening at some point :) :). Duane came by and played some, thinks something along that line is needed too I give in :)

And thx for the wishes

I can check on the price of the pumps from our wholesale house in Fairfax if you need another. I can also check on which model my guys recommend. They should typically last at least 10 years or more.

Since I've done "built-in" bass traps in the basement, I'll no longer be needing the DIY tube traps I've been using. I was going to try to sell them on Craigslist just to recover the materials cost I've got in them, but you can try them at your house and see if you like them. If you do, we can work out a good price. If you want to do something different, I can get insulation wholesale. There's no magic to them, it's just a matter of absorption.

For anyone who may be interested, here's a great resource: http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/24 See the "Read This First, PLEASE" post and it will tell you almost everything you need to know.

My basement is in this thread: http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2148822/Re_Finally_Ready_to_Finish_my_#Post2148822
I need to update the pictures. The drywall is up and I'm starting to finish it.

opimax
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
bought a pump , 100 + shipping, VERY INTERESTED IN THE TRAPS TO PLAY WITH :) :) :)

Mark