PDA

View Full Version : L300 Summit T-Nuts

SLO Town
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I am in need of two or more t-nuts to secure the woofer. For some reason, one is missing and the other has spun out requiring some minor repair to the MDF (chip board?). The thread size is 10x32 and the base with the prongs is about .5 inch in diameter. I have searched the local hardware stores and can find t-nuts that will fit the machine screw, but the diameter of the base is too wide which extends beyond the edge of the speaker cutout. I have considered cutting the extra material off the t-nut. But as far as I can tell, the L300s are original in nearly every way and I would like to keep them in this condition.
Anyone that can point me to a source would be much appreciated.
The photos are of an original woofer machine screw and t-nut. Thanks Dan

Woody Banks
01-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Here is the most common 10-32 t-nut used by JBL (part # 61861)
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Misc.%20Parts%20List/Misc%20Parts%20List%20%28by%20part%29.pdf

SLO Town
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks to Woody and the Lansing Forum, in just a day I have been pointed in the right direction, located the parts list, contacted JBL, verified inventory and they are being shipped today! This site and its members are amazing. Yeah, I know its just a 12 cent nut, but its these details that take the preservation to the next level.

Just a side note, I talked to 3 folks at JBL Pro and each one asked me about the application and I replied L300 and they immediately wanted to transfer my call over to the Consumer side of the house. Since I was armed with the part number, they were willing to help and processed the order.